PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Should be a quiet day before the Easter break. As I casually glance at my inbox I can see that I spoke too soon as the world just dumped a pile of contract revisions in me. On a brighter note I am making progress with my project of getting to the bottom of this Erinmore tin of tobacco. It feels less and less like one of Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gob Stoppers and more like a soon to be handy empty tin for putting 'things' and 'stuff' in! My pipe de jour is this natty nose warmer meerschaum 'cutty' pipe by a Viennese turn of the century maker. It has a silver band reinforcing an early 20th century break, the banding was done by Ian Walker of Northern Briars in the U.K. He is a miracle worker with ancient pipes and his site is Northern Briars | Smoking Pipes | Pipes | Tobacco Pipes - https://www.northernbriars.co.uk and I heartily endorse the mans work. I will be smoking mainly Bosun's Plug today but I may smoke a bowl or two of Erinsun which Bosun's and Erinmore mixed together on a ratio of 25:75. Enjoy your day and have a Happy Easter!

thumbnail-1.jpeg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Morning/afternoon everyone, I started the day with a bowl (DrPlumb SEVENTY but I don’t know the name of the shape) a of a weird mixture of various scraps from custom mixed blends, included in this is Double Down, Boneyard, Stimulus Package, Eastfarthing, Carey Grant and even a little Half & Half and SWR, among others. I know it sounds like a bit of a dog’s dinner but it’s actually bloody good and I craved another bowl right after it was finished.
At the moment it’s RDF in this Dr Grabow Commodore Dublin. View attachment 139721I
@Birddog66 nice one mate?My bitsa tin contents I named as Reiver Mixture.
Enjoy ?
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

Status
Not open for further replies.