PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple of minutes or so away from smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Taking a short break to get the last of the Community Coffee, and to stretch out a little back stiffness. And to post this smoke, too, thus proving my inner obvious. ;) ?
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
C&D Three Friars in a straight Falcon with a Bantam dublin bowl. I attempted to order a new Blakemar Briars bullcap pipe, rusticated with an acrylic tortoise stem. Mike Billington has decided to relocate to his home as he has reached 70 years old and wants to take it easier. I decided to put my order on the waiting list as it may be months before he can move his tools and deal with the resulting backlog of orders. I love his pipes and the delay is, to me, not a problem. Check out Blakemar Briars for some wonderful pipes and you will be supporting a great craftsman in Mike Billington!
@edger totally agree mate, Mike’s pipes are excellent smokers and he is a lovely chap to deal with. I wonder if he has an apprentice to carry on the family business when he finally decides to retire. Hope your well mate ?
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A few minutes away from smoking D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. Listening to Fibber McGee and Molly as I work.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
First a bowl of Sunset Harbour Flake in a Ropp Géant bored out to nearly 28mm bowl diameter at the rim. I think the oriental based crumble cake was wasted a bit on this bowl shape since it did not burn evenly.
Next in a Radice Rind, a mix of Sutliff Vanilla Custard with some Balkan and Virginia/Perique, a nice mix of sweetness from both the aromatic topping and the Perique.

3577E19C-F25C-4B51-BE51-B90559348147.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished work, and this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Depends on whether or not I get a few chores done before I finish this bowl. Going to check on whatever ferals are outside now.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.