PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Chatting with the fella who gifted me the pipe.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum fluted paneled brandy meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem. Found other stuff to do, so I had to have another smoke before bed time.
Royal_Meer_Fluted-Paneled_Brandy copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Yes, apparently legal on eBay but stinks that someone can come in during the last few seconds and as in my case increase the price by twenty quid on a Calabash I would've got for eighty odd.
I feel you on that. Mind you I’d be lying if I said I haven’t done the same to plenty of other people, it’s just not fair when it’s us is it.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Smoking circa 2005 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug in an Estella 511 KS. Normally only break out this plug once a year on my bday (end of March), but a good friend surprised me over the weekend with a late bday gift. I had mentioned to him awhile back how difficult it was to cut these plugs, and he talked to his dad (an artisan knife maker) into making me a knife suitable to cutting plug tobacco. I was gifted this wonderful piece Friday night and wanted to test it on Dark Plug, one of the densest plugs out there! Was a fitting test for the new knife, and it passed with flying colors!
E60EF87F-7ACD-41A5-B914-5A609C48268C.jpeg
AF41416D-5AAE-4AEB-B62A-67383817F7A7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.