PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time for a Zoom chat.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
A two pipe day. After the recent Peterson Rhodesian thread I thought I would give some love to my 999s. First up, 2008? Briar Fox in a 999 Emerald with replacement stem. This was the second pipe I owned and I experimented with converting the p-lip into a fishtail...didn’t work out so well, hence the replacement. I may eventually get a p-lip for it. This was my first smoke of Briar Fox and I think it has potential. Unfortunately the wind had really kicked up. The packaging in the tin was really cool - the two equal size cakes were individually wrapped inside.

Smoke two, still breezy and cracked another new to me smoke - 2019 Dreams of Kadath in a pre-Republic 999 Deluxe that belonged to my grandfather. The tin note on this plug is very unique and the smoke is delicious. It’s perfect in this breeze (though I would love the breeze to disappear!) rubbed out to a rough cut. I need to get more of this!

5D7B319C-3732-4CD2-BBE2-65AAC7E533CD.jpeg9158CB2F-2D2D-4C4C-89F5-5385C7010E26.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Zoom chatting with the fella who gifted me the pipe. A few other friends are in the meeting, too.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
A two pipe day. After the recent Peterson Rhodesian thread I thought I would give some love to my 999s. First up, 2008? Briar Fox in a 999 Emerald with replacement stem. This was the second pipe I owned and I experimented with converting the p-lip into a fishtail...didn’t work out so well, hence the replacement. I may eventually get a p-lip for it. This was my first smoke of Briar Fox and I think it has potential. Unfortunately the wind had really kicked up. The packaging in the tin was really cool - the two equal size cakes were individually wrapped inside.

Smoke two, still breezy and cracked another new to me smoke - 2019 Dreams of Kadath in a pre-Republic 999 Deluxe that belonged to my grandfather. The tin note on this plug is very unique and the smoke is delicious. It’s perfect in this breeze (though I would love the breeze to disappear!) rubbed out to a rough cut. I need to get more of this!

View attachment 74810View attachment 74811
Great looking pipes and to have your grandfathers pipe must make the smoke that much more special.

Status
Not open for further replies.