PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I am smoking my first ever bowl of tobacco from smokingpipes.com! Two weeks less a day to ship to Albertabama, using the cheapest shipping option. Not sure if this is Perique I'm tasting or just plain old I-told-you-so satisfaction.

The blend is Sutliff Voodoo Queen. The pipe a bent Bulldog. The flavors are well beyond my ability to describe after a twelve hour day of running a machine, so... You'll have to settle for "complexity and just the right amount of Latakia" as a description. I can maybe muster some metaphor. Let's see. Hmmm. Puff Puff... Smoking this bowl is like smoking that first proper bowl after a long day at work.

I'm beat. This is good stuff. I was looking forward to having a nice bowl today, but it's even nicer to be trying a new blend. Also, for my fellow Canucks, 4oz of this stuff cost me less than $20 shipped. Sorry snooty cigar shop owners who happen to sell pipe tobacco, no more money for you!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Not sure. Also is the same as Sillem’s Black. Not sure which is the new version.

Sillem’s is the old, John Aylesbury is the new.

I contacted them, but I forgot why he name change.

I have a tin of JA Black, really nice stuff!

@LotusEater John Aylesbury appears like it’s going to be around.

Boswell’s has it; JA

SPC is actually showing a Sillem’s tin;

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Downed my clay pipe of Condor Long Cut in 2min 15s - not bad but need to do better if I'm going to win the Pipe Smoking Championship:
I'll be wearing my redcoat uniform when I take part, probably in 2022...

Ahhh this is why you puffing like a Train in your YouTube videos, I was like damm, why this guy puffing so fast. LOL ?

I always thought too, that Pipe Smoking Competitions, were to see who could make the bowl last the longest, not to see who can smoke the fastest. LOL :sher:

And I guess this is why you like smoking a Clay Pipe, because that is what the Competition will be using. :)

Good Luck! ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in an undated straight smooth medium brown Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog copy.jpg

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Smoking through a couple of samples I added to my last order:

• McConnel Latakia Flake: a bit boring, not what I thought it would be, the supposed Lakeland is weak, for me, can't taste DFK, the Latakia is very subdued, very middle of the road.
  • Rattray's Hal O'The Wynd: not bad at all, not strong though, pretty sweet, good use of DFK and Perique as condiments, I just like more of both.
  • McConnel Scottish Cake: not bad either, but nothing special
Samples are good, means I won't get burnt ordering any of the above.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty, big Envy apple, and a couple of other snacks, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of KBV Your Welcome in an old, undated brown full bend straight grain London Castle egg with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Reading baseball box scores.
London_Castle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.