Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Fear_and_Loathing_in_Las_Vegas.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"Just started, Mountain Man, by Vardis Fisher, an out of print novel, from 1965 that I read in the late 70's I think."
+1 mcitinner1
I read it in the late 60's and reread it about a year ago. Loved it! I wish there were several thousand on the subject just like it. :wink:
Currently reading James Lee Burke "House Of The Rising Sun".

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
I'm currently reading a series of two lectures by Canadian author Robertson Davies, entitled 'Reading and Writing' or 'The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, Vol. 13'. Very interesting reading for a writer, like me! :wink:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Alphabet That Changed the World: How Genesis Preserves a Science of Consciousness in Geometry and Gesture, by Stan Tenen.
I first became familiar with Tenen's research many years ago, and found it to be fascinating and quite profound. I was glad to see he finally got this book out. For anyone interested in Judeo/Christian mysticism, this is a must read imo.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
Some books on philosophy of mind. A couple on guitar theory. Still also reading on photography.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've recently read All the Pretty Horses and The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy, and just moved on to Cities of the Plain, which is the third installment in the trilogy. I've thoroughly enjoyed them all so far. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami also snuck in there as a brief reprieve.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Rasputin File
This book is a good example of why I don't read very much fiction. Non-fiction is usually far stranger. The final years of Tsarist Russia is a strange enough story even without Rasputin...but add him as the central figure and it's truly bizarre. Of course there is always some fiction in almost everything that claims to be non-fiction. It's always a challenge to determine the precise truth of any historical narrative.
http://www.amazon.com/Rasputin-File-Edvard-Radzinsky/dp/0385489102/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460047707&sr=1-1&keywords=the+rasputin+file

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Mountains and Rivers Without End by Gary Synder

Some of the Dead Are Still Breathing by Charles Bowden

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
@ erichbaumer- I'm about halfway through Blood Meridan , another novel by Cormac McCarthy. It's a great story as long as I can keep track of who is speaking at a given time. I'll have to give a few more of his books a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.