Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
A Christmas present from my wife, volume one was a great read.
81msh3tlc5l1-410x600.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Clancy's Without Remorse, finally gonna ready the rest of the original Ryan books. Don't know if I'm going into the GhostWritten Jack Jr. Series.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Now reading:
Democracy in America, by de Tocqueville

The Lost City of Z, by Grann

The True Story of the Victorio Peak Treasure, by Clarence and Whittle

The Ultimate Pipe Book, by Hacker

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"Peck's Bad Boy and His Pa"

For a better review than I could ever give: http://www.georgewpeck.com/book4.html
2psr2q0.jpg

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I was just about to search for this thread before johnnyreb posted and moved it onto the main page. Recently finished Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms and McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses and started Canada by Richard Ford, who may well be my favorite American author.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Just finished "One Second After" and "One Year After" by William R Forstchen.
Best and scariest thing I've read in a while.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I just finished 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' and 'In the Heart of the sea'. Both were good. In the Heart of the Sea was stressful as hell, it's a great book but just stressful.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Democracy in America, by de Tocqueville
A great one. Will make you stop voting, and start shooting!
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Line-Siege-Sanh/dp/0393322696
What I'm tucked into right now.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Howell D. Chickering Jr. - Beowulf, A Dual-Language Edition
Adrienne Mayor - The Amazons, Lives and Legends of Warrior Women Across the Ancient World
The Amazons combines comparative classical mythology with art history, linguistics and new archaeological discoveries to free the flesh and blood warriors from the shadows of myth into the reality of a distinctive and surprisingly well documented nomadic culture based on sexual equality and Equus caballus.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Just started a wonderful book by Rachel Held Evans called Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church. It's about her theological journey of leaving Christianity and eventually rejoining it, but with fresh perspective on some of our structures that do more harm than good. She's a brilliantly insightful writer.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Just bought a used copy of a Taschen book called 20th Century Photography. Contains alphabetized entries on photographers.
http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/photography/all/45406/facts.20th_century_photography.htm
I've been reading the essays in Photography: Essays & Images, edited by Beaumont Newhall (1980). Mainly from 19th century and early 20th.
Also reading The Thames Torso Murders, by MJ Trow (2011). These occurred around the period of the Ripper killings.
Still reading in the Ambrose Bierce Terror by Night collection (2006).

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
The King James Bible. Funny how its a best seller and almost no one has read it cover to cover. Its my 5 time through in the last year and a half. Also reading a novel my friend wrote called The Humming Bird Tree.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh; I read Vile Bodies in college and enjoyed it, but I seem to be comprehending this novel somewhat more easily. Maybe it's a result of knowing what to extpect from Waugh at the beginning this time.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
Just finished Wilford Thesiger: the Life of the Great Explorer by Alexander Maitland. Currently reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius for the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.