PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Actually Boston is one of the greatest cities in the country: beatiful, historic, walkable, safe, friendly and inexpensive. Okay, well maybe not the last two but certainly the others.
The Athens of America and The Hub of the Universe;)

Reactions: JOHN72

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I just finished Dimitry Glohovsky's Metro 2033 (awesome read, by the way), and started a book called the Russian Pilgrim, written by some monastery figure of the Russian Orthodox Church. It's basically a confession of some simple individual among his journey of exploring hasechism - a meditation practice in the Christian orthodox church. It's interesting if you are in that sort of thing ..

Reactions: JOHN72 and Carol

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
just finished "Every Drop of Blood: The Momentous Second inauguration of Lincoln (Edward Alcorn)... What a tremendous book. Reading it i felt like a portal in time opened and beckoned me in. Great anecdotal history (with broader themes which have relevance today) with vivid portraits of a variety of people and a palpable feel for the Washington D.C. of March 1865.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Finished World War II at Sea by Symonds. I've read a dozen or more books about the WWII naval history but this one added a new dimension by giving an great overview. I've also read the Ian Toll trilogy which are excellent.

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
Finished the Ardent Swarm by Yamen Naman... really good read (Amazon Prime books, I think). Kicked through Infinity by Brian Freeman, which was really interesting, a multiple worlds kind of thing. Now mindless scifi: Expeditionary Force by Craig ?Allison. Lot of reading this week.

Reactions: JOHN72

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Burgers, Pipes, and Vagina, by @Richmond B. Funkenhouser Esq. Definitely a page turner, can hardly put the damn thing down for a SECOND. The pie charts and graphs are a bit beyond my knowledge of the aforementioned topics, but hot damn, they sure are compelling to the layman! 5 out of 5.

p.s. He even signed my copy with his own tobacco ash! What a mensch...

Status
Not open for further replies.