PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I was driving on a long trip when I tuned in a station out in the middle of nowhere that was playing Lithium. The album had just come out. I remember saying out loud to nobody, “Fuck yeah, guitar is back”. I was so tired of hair metal by that point.

Now playing Nirvana - Nevermind.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am currently listening to one of my favorite Yes albums, Tales From Topographic Oceans.
It was made in 1973 and is a double album. The double album has only 4 songs on it. Each song is over 20 minutes each. Three of the songs are great, there is one dog. The first 2 songs are great, the third is to weird but the 4th called the Ritual is my favorite. I saw them live in Boston Garden when they were touring for this album. The light show was impressive especially for 1973.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Northeast-Corridor-Steely-Dan-Live.jpg

Now playing Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor Steely Dan Live!
Just came out today. From dates in 2018. A great live band and very well recorded. I already prefer it to Alive in America.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Donald-Fagen-s-The-Nightfly-Live.jpg

Now playing The Steely Dan Band - Donald Fagen's The Nightfly Live.
Just came out today from dates in 2018-19. The same band as on The Northeast Corridor album which also came out today. The classic 1982 album front to back. So good.

On that train, all graphite and glitter
Undersea by rail
Ninety minutes from New York to Paris
Well, by '76 we'll be A-OK

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I was driving on a long trip when I tuned in a station out in the middle of nowhere that was playing Lithium. The album had just come out. I remember saying out loud to nobody, “Fuck yeah, guitar is back”. I was so tired of hair metal by that point.

Now playing Nirvana - Nevermind.
Glad you feel that way, since grunge all but killed hair metal. lol

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I am currently listening to one of my favorite Yes albums, Tales From Topographic Oceans.
It was made in 1973 and is a double album. The double album has only 4 songs on it. Each song is over 20 minutes each. Three of the songs are great, there is one dog. The first 2 songs are great, the third is to weird but the 4th called the Ritual is my favorite. I saw them live in Boston Garden when they were touring for this album. The light show was impressive especially for 1973.
Ah yes, the album that made Rick Wakeman quit (the first time). Enter Patrick Moraz, for Relayer...

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Tom MacDonald is totally redefining hip hop. Being out of the rap genre for so long, I watched a few reaction videos to kind of help dissect his style. He is amazing.

I have liked most of the Dax songs I've heard, too.

Tom MacDonald ft. Dax - Blame the Rappers