What Are You Listening To? October 2022.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Strictly speaking I listened to these last night which was September....but today is October so....

Not played any of guitar whizz kid Steve Hillage's music in quite a while so last night I enjoyed 2 of my favourites from his extensive catalogue Fish Rising and Motivation Radio.

Sitting back with a jug full of Shepherd Neame's 1698 Strong Ale....I had a wonderful evening :col:

View attachment 172177

View attachment 172178

Here we have his version of 'Not Fade Away' from the above album...

Regards,

Jay.
Whoa!
These album covers brought back some memories.
I was, and still not a prog' rock fan. But a buddy of mine was, and I just remember these album covers.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
51U5k%2BUr1GL._SY355_.jpg

Now playing The Bill Charlap Trio - Written In The Stars​

• Love
Reactions: edger and dino

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
  • Love
Reactions: edger

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Andrew Dickenson Quartet: The Song is You
1665187225393.png

They're an Aussie jazz ensemble out of Sydney and I've seen them play at several Jazz festivals in Manly, NSW. This is one of the tracks on the album being played at the 505 Club in Sydney:

Reactions: damacene and edger

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Strictly speaking I listened to these last night which was September....but today is October so....

Not played any of guitar whizz kid Steve Hillage's music in quite a while so last night I enjoyed 2 of my favourites from his extensive catalogue Fish Rising and Motivation Radio.

Sitting back with a jug full of Shepherd Neame's 1698 Strong Ale....I had a wonderful evening :col:

View attachment 172177

View attachment 172178

Here we have his version of 'Not Fade Away' from the above album...

Regards,

Jay.
I've got both those albums and spent a lot of time as a teenager listening to Steve Hillage and also Gong...

• Love
Reactions: mawnansmiff

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
One of my favourite bands is Hawkwind, particularly their early 70's material, not so much their modern stuff.

'Space Ritual' (recorded live on my 11th birthday 1972) is their greatest live (double) album & recorded when the Hawks were in their prime with Lemmy on bass & Simon King on drums. Here is a recent re-release with extended & bonus tracks.
I played it all last night with my poor neighbours as an unwilling audience :col: whilst enjoying a couple of bottles of Shepherd Neame's 'Spitfire' ale.

View attachment 172454

View attachment 172455

Regards,

Jay.
Makes you a year younger than me and apparently with a similar taste in music; I saw Hawkwind in 1976(?) at the Bracknell Leisure Centre of all places; saw Van Der Graaf Generator there the same yesr (and around 30 years later at the much more suitable Barbican Hall).

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Makes you a year younger than me and apparently with a similar taste in music; I saw Hawkwind in 1976(?) at the Bracknell Leisure Centre of all places; saw Van Der Graaf Generator there the same yesr (and around 30 years later at the much more suitable Barbican Hall).
I first saw Hawkwind (playing as Hawklords*) aged 16/17 in Derby** in 1978/9.

Have seen them several times since in Sheffield, Ipswich & Norwich.

*At the Hawklords gig I recall Calvert strutting about the stage waving a huge stars & stripes to the then new song 'Uncle Sam's On Mars'.

**There were 2 music venues in Derby at the time, the Assembly Rooms (where I saw AC/DC) and a public swimming baths where I saw the Hawks. Apparently it was a popular venue where the largest swimming pool was covered in planking to accommodate the band & audience....I kid you not!

Regards,

Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.