What Are You Listening To? October 2022.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes
New Cigars
9 Fresh Brigham Pipes
36 Fresh Chacom Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Strictly speaking I listened to these last night which was September....but today is October so....

Not played any of guitar whizz kid Steve Hillage's music in quite a while so last night I enjoyed 2 of my favourites from his extensive catalogue Fish Rising and Motivation Radio.

Sitting back with a jug full of Shepherd Neame's 1698 Strong Ale....I had a wonderful evening :col:

fish.jpg

motivation.jpg

Here we have his version of 'Not Fade Away' from the above album...

Regards,

Jay.

cragdhack

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2021
Romania
Currently listening to a lot of Primus while also learning how to play them on my electric bass guitar.
I kind of prefer this rendition of the piece, the studio rendition being done with an upright bass.

Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
One of my favourite bands is Hawkwind, particularly their early 70's material, not so much their modern stuff.

'Space Ritual' (recorded live on my 11th birthday 1972) is their greatest live (double) album & recorded when the Hawks were in their prime with Lemmy on bass & Simon King on drums. Here is a recent re-release with extended & bonus tracks.
I played it all last night with my poor neighbours as an unwilling audience :col: whilst enjoying a couple of bottles of Shepherd Neame's 'Spitfire' ale.

ritual.jpg

ritual 2.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am currently listening to a best of Kool and the Gang. It reminds me of all the time I spent on the dance floors of Boston picking up woman. I could out dance most woman and they thought it was cool.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
MzItNDkxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

Now playing Steely Dan - Can’t Buy A Thrill
Well, you wouldn't even know a diamond if you held it in your hand
The things you think are precious I can't understand

• Love
Reactions: Bengel and brian64
Status
Not open for further replies.