What Are You Listening to (March 2020)

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jaylotw

Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Just gave a quick listen to Gordon Lightfoot’s new album Solo. It’s ~20 year old recordings of unreleased songs. About half are cheese balls, but there’s a few gems on there. I’ve always admired his songwriting and guitar playing, and although I find a lot of his stuff to be schmaltzy and a bit corny, there are some deep cuts that are among my favorite tunes.

BlueMaxx

Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Just gave a quick listen to Gordon Lightfoot’s new album Solo. It’s ~20 year old recordings of unreleased songs. About half are cheese balls, but there’s a few gems on there. I’ve always admired his songwriting and guitar playing, and although I find a lot of his stuff to be schmaltzy and a bit corny, there are some deep cuts that are among my favorite tunes.

Wow, haven't thought of him in awhile...

Dream Street Rose was always a favorite to hum while cutting the grass for some reason...

Thanks for the heads up...

Reactions: Jaylotw

jttnk

Preferred Member
Dec 22, 2017
Impressive...

I'll raise ya on Charo...

Wow, like most people I had no idea how amazing she is. My recollection was her on the Muppets and Love Boat. Total respect.

I really enjoy listening to Spanish guitar and flamenco. I play Cajon, but not traditional style, more like a mini drum set for acoustic playing.

Reactions: Bowie and BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx

Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Wow, like most people I had no idea how amazing she is. My recollection was her on the Muppets and Love Boat. Total respect.

I really enjoy listening to Spanish guitar and flamenco. I play Cajon, but not traditional style, more like a mini drum set for acoustic playing.

Charo studied under a famous flamingo master...her whole "Coochi Coochi" thing was an act...she is also a polyglot and speaks like twelve languages..

If you want to see two Americans that are always overlooked, here is a couple...the look of concentration and sweat coming off Roy shows how committed he was....I think people just saw him as a medic actor and somewhat a musician...

And Jerry, well Jerry was always my favorite, used to wear the vinyl out listening to him growing up..he was also a master of the guitar.
Jerry had his own "claw" method..I still get goosebumps and hear his songs in my mind.
He also was a great song writer....Amos Moses, Amos Moses, A thing called Love

Both these guys dexterity, precise execution and technique is amazing
..sorry for the quality, these are old...

Also Glenn Campbell was one hell of a player..

Hella pickers...