PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Been on a bit of a Who binge lately.
Their performance of Baba O'Riley from Shepperton in 1978 is amazing! Pete Townshend is a ledgend. THAT is how you start a song! First you play the tambourine by not gently taping it but by giving it full on uppercut punches. Then when you're done with it you just chuck it away and immediately start doing windmills on the guitar and also shaking your ass a bit.

Then you have them doing My Generation from Kilburn in 1977 which opens with Townshend shouting "All fucking right then!" to which Keith Moon shouts back "Let's play a fuckin' number Townshend", they then rip into My Generation.?

Keith Moon has to be my favourite drummer of all time. I loved Jon Bonham as well but Keith was such an over the top, funny, witty character that he just edges it. Every interview with him or snippet of footage of him chatting he always makes me smile. Such a shame we lost two of the greatest of all time in a 2 year period and at such early ages.
Still we'll always have their amazing music and incredible performances.?

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Services in the Greek Orthodox Churches in Chicago were suspended, due to the coronavirus. I missed my Sunday participation in chanting the Service, so I listened to my parish priest, Fr. Apostolos, chant the beautiful Communion Hymn, in this video clip. I thought I'd share (this includes some wonderful Byzantine icons).

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Keith Moon has to be my favourite drummer of all time. I loved Jon Bonham as well but Keith was such an over the top, funny, witty character that he just edges it. Every interview with him or snippet of footage of him chatting he always makes me smile.

"The most terrifying thing that ever happened to me was Keith Moon decided he liked me." -- Joe Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.