Status
Not open for further replies.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
My0yOTgyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxin’
Miles, Coltrane, Philly Joe Jones, Red Garland, Paul Chambers. Oof. So much talent in one studio. Great sounding album as well.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Tapping my feet along to Paul Simon's Graceland album (25th anniversary edition).....such a rich blend of beautiful music, great voice & interesting lyrics.

Being the 25th anniversary version it has an extra 3 alternate songs plus an interview with the man himself.

View attachment 141210
View attachment 141211

Regards,

Jay.
It's a terrific album to be sure, but, I always feel a little weird, knowing some of the backstory. I used to do illustrations for National Lampoon in the '80s. The art director's girlfriend, Heidi, was a musician, who wanted to work with Ladysmith Black Mambazo on her debut album. Simon was supposed to produce her album and she lent him a cassette with the South African group on it. He ended up stealing them out from under her and made Graceland. I always thought that was a low thing to do.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
It's a terrific album to be sure, but, I always feel a little weird, knowing some of the backstory. I used to do illustrations for National Lampoon in the '80s. The art director's girlfriend, Heidi, was a musician, who wanted to work with Ladysmith Black Mambazo on her debut album. Simon was supposed to produce her album and she lent him a cassette with the South African group on it. He ended up stealing them out from under her and made Graceland. I always thought that was a low thing to do.
Wow.....and he always comes across as a pleasant, agreeable kind of chap. Just goes to show....more to folk than they project.

Regards,

Jay.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
Chris LeDoux - This Cowboy's Hat. Even though I was born and raised in IN and my mother from KY, I like this song.

Reactions: edger
Status
Not open for further replies.