PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I'm very keen on Cotswold Single Malt, which the aficionados of malts get well sniffy about. I've consumed many bottles of malt whiskey - Springbank 10 at £15 quid a bottle (30 years ago) became favorite; saw a bottle of that not long ago with a £600 asking price. So I was prepared to be a bit skeptical of youthful Cotswold (46% ABV), turns out to be really nice. £45 a bottle. Recommended.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I'm very keen on Cotswold Single Malt, which the aficionados of malts get well sniffy about. I've consumed many bottles of malt whiskey - Springbank 10 at £15 quid a bottle (30 years ago) became favorite; saw a bottle of that not long ago with a £600 asking price. So I was prepared to be a bit skeptical of youthful Cotswold (46% ABV), turns out to be really nice. £45 a bottle. Recommended.
I find people that are true whisky enthusiasts are not sniffy about Cotswold Single Malt. It is presented at 46% abv, non chill filtered and natural colour, which is what we are after. I enjoy it and have seen favourable reviews of it on YouTube channels I follow.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
The weather has turned unseasonably warm and, instead of scotch or rye, Ib have been enjoying Plantation Stiggins Fancy pineapple infused rum. This is a dark rum which is finished with a particular pineapple. It is not a standard flavored rum but, rather, a very smooth rum with pineapple on the nose and very delicately on the palate.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Since we have already reached daytime temps in the low 90f in SE Louisiana, I have tapered off from my usual sipping whiskey and rums and have started drinking lighter more refreshing things like good Gin & Tonics and my own version of Ranchwater - just tequila and a good mineral water. Haven't been a big vodka drinker in years but recently picked up a bottle of Stoli Cucumber vodka and made a vodka tonic with it and a sprig of mint.

Damn refreshing and went well with the English blend I was smoking.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Since we have already reached daytime temps in the low 90f in SE Louisiana, I have tapered off from my usual sipping whiskey and rums and have started drinking lighter more refreshing things like good Gin & Tonics and my own version of Ranchwater - just tequila and a good mineral water. Haven't been a big vodka drinker in years but recently picked up a bottle of Stoli Cucumber vodka and made a vodka tonic with it and a sprig of mint.

Damn refreshing and went well with the English blend I was smoking.
That Vodka tonic does sound refreshing...I think I'll whip up a little something. It's a pretty humid day here, and that sounds just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.