PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Having Cask Strength Longrow Red 11 Year Peated Campbelltown Single Malt (by Springbank Distillery) matured for nine years in bourbon barrels and followed by two years in Cabernet Franc Barriques. Each year, Longrow releases an 11 Year finished in a different barrel; I try to snag them whenever I can. They're well worth finding; a very tasty Scotch and highly recommended.

IMG_20220310_230756.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
How do you like it so far?
It has a great base rye thing going and at first sip I really noticed the 59% which I guess I sort of overlooked when I read rum, wine and apricot brandy barrels. It's freaking fantastic and it's not overly sweet but there is a fruit complexity on the finish in a good way. Now that I've had two drams those barrel components interplay in and out with one another. I'm a fan.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I began the evening by squeezing the last pours out of a bottle of Noah’s Mill and a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C921. Cheers!

View attachment 133766

I’m now having New Riff Barrel Proof as my nightcap. Watching the Heels in the ACC Tournament. Cheers!

View attachment 133767
I am going to have to ask if New Riff is available here. It keeps popping up in a few threads and I'd like to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.