And a wee drop of this before bed.

WP-20210210-015.jpg

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
You have a stronger constitution than me. The last time someone left name brand beer at my house, a year later I used it as snail bait in the garden.

I'm a cheap bastid and hate wasting stuff. But in this case I'm done with it. I just don't enjoy it at all. I think I'll be using the rest of it for target practice.

I've never heard of carbonated mead but damn that sounds interesting. This added to your ginger beer.... I need to start working on my bribing, I mean, trading skills ;)
You can carbonate anything fermented, unless it has been distilled. Just add the appropriate amount of sugar when you keg or bottle it, and the yeast kick back off again, turning the oxygen into CO2. Or, if you have one of these mini kegs, you can turn up the pressure and it will carbonate it for you. I got this keg to keep from having to bottle so many ginger beers next year. Washing bottles gets old.

But, it has to be from the Carbonated region of France, or else it's just sparkling mead. ;)

Last edited:
I filled the keg with a gallon of raw blueberry blossom mead, which fermented out to an astonishing 16.5% abv. It was oaked and has a slight bourbony flavor but drinks like a light wine. I’ve added more honey to keg carbonate and make into a fizzy mead. The fizz adds an illusion of sweetness, and makes it drink more like a beer. A beer that kicks you in the head if you have more than a flute full.
7E6404A5-B605-416C-81C9-873D43EF1F96.jpeg

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I filled the keg with a gallon of raw blueberry blossom mead, which fermented out to an astonishing 16.5% abv. It was oaked and has a slight bourbony flavor but drinks like a light wine. I’ve added more honey to keg carbonate and make into a fizzy mead. The fizz adds an illusion of sweetness, and makes it drink more like a beer. A beer that kicks you in the head if you have more than a flute full.
View attachment 66334

I'll take 4 bottles please ?.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Settling down after work with a bowl of Derby Club and having a Maker's Mark Old Fashioned with a bit of simple syrup, orange bitters and an Ice cube, waiting for dinner to be ready.
I might have another after dinner, but I'll probably smoke some G&H Kendal Dark with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.