PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
On the strength of the Tamnavulin Sherry Cask scotch I recently bought, I have just ordered 2 other Tamnavulin expressions, one is called 'Double Cask', the other 'German Pinot Noir Edition'.

Again, these are totally new to me but if they are anything like their sherry cask version then I'm pretty certain I'll thoroughly enjoy them.

tam 2.jpg
tam 3.jpg

I appreciate these are at the lower end pricewise of single malts but I'm no whisky snob, and expensive doesn't always equate with quality, at least not in my book.

Looking forward to their delivery early next year :).

Regards,

Jay.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Maybe a new thread is in order, but what's your favorite part of a t-bone: sirloin, filet, or gnawing bone? Me, I love gnawing on the bone in the privacy of my home, over the sink, while cleaning up. Otherwise, the sirloin.
Gnawing the bone didn’t seem appropriate—one of Susan’s nephews brought his girlfriend—had it just been Susan’s sister and brother-in-law, I might’ve gnawed. It was suggested, but, didn’t feel right. I enjoyed it all—the steak was aged.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Gnawing the bone didn’t seem appropriate—one of Susan’s nephews brought his girlfriend—had it just been Susan’s sister and brother-in-law, I might’ve gnawed. It was suggested, but, didn’t feel right. I enjoyed it all—the steak was aged.
I admire your restraint. I'll gnaw on the bone even at a fancy dinner in mixed company, much to the chagrin of my wife. That's my favorite part of eating bone-in steaks.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
On the strength of the Tamnavulin Sherry Cask scotch I recently bought, I have just ordered 2 other Tamnavulin expressions, one is called 'Double Cask', the other 'German Pinot Noir Edition'.

Again, these are totally new to me but if they are anything like their sherry cask version then I'm pretty certain I'll thoroughly enjoy them.

View attachment 189721
View attachment 189722

I appreciate these are at the lower end pricewise of single malts but I'm no whisky snob, and expensive doesn't always equate with quality, at least not in my book.

Regards,

Jay.
I have no doubt that the double cask will be good. That's the same cask aging used for The Balvenie DoubleWood, which is one of my favorite single malts.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Reminds me of when I was in Vegas a few years ago........... I was, as @OSOBUCO so eloquently says, "liquored up"..... :)
I ordered one of thos Cowboy Ribeyes, had about a 15" bone in it.........
Devoured the whole thing, and was gnawin' on the bone...........
The Missus was pissed! Embarassed!..
F-It! I says......... It's too good to waste!..........
The waiter came by and laughed........... gave me a big smile and a thumbs up!......
I told the Missus, what happens in Vegas stays in vegas!!
Best Damn steak I ever had in Vegas.......... and what a good memory!!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio

View attachment 189721
View attachment 189722

Regards,

Jay.
Jay-
I had that Tamnavulin Double cask in my cart at my local today............ put it back on the shelf though.......... buying a bunch of gifts and was feeling a bit thrifty..............
Let us know how it is....... 'tis the only one my store carries here in Ohio, and I'm a bit intrigued........