PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Gonna enjoy a glass or 2 of Larceny and try to relax as ive had a hell of a weekend. Had to take my youngest to the ER around 10 last night. Fell off my bed and broke his arm. Kids been in and out of hospitals all his life so whats another unscheduled hospital visit?
He is doing well btw. We follow up friday at the chidrens hospital he goes to for everything else. Honestly im surprised it took this long for him to break a bone haha.20221219_194756.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Just an update on the Tamnavulin Speyside malt I ordered last week.

It arrived yesterday lunchtime and I had to wait an agonizing few hours until 10pm which is my spirit time.

Well, it looked nice and dark, smelled of spicy caramel & vanilla, and then I poured it.....WOW, it's absolutely bloody gorgeous!

I suspect being racked in sherry casks has a lot to do with the flavour which was nice and deep. Just a splash of tap water and I was set for the rest of the evening.

I'm certainly no scotch connoisseur but I know what I like, and at £20 a bottle (on special offer at the moment with Amazon) I reckon this could easily sell for twice that. So, just in case they read this & bump up the price, I just ordered 6 more bottles :col:.

tamnavilin.jpg Regards,

Jay.

Last edited:

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Just an update on the Tamnavulin Speyside malt I ordered last week.

It arrived yesterday lunchtime and I had to wait an agonizing few hours until 10pm which is my spirit time.

Well, it looked nice and dark, smelled of spicy caramel & vanilla, and then I poured it.....WOW, it's absolutely bloody gorgeous!

I suspect being racked in sherry casks has a lot to do with the flavour which was nice and deep. Just a splash of tap water and I was set for the rest of the evening.

I'm certainly no scotch connoisseur but I know what I like, and at £20 a bottle (on special offer at the moment with Amazon) I reckon this could easily sell for twice that. So, just in case they read this & bump up the price, I just ordered 6 more bottles :col:.

View attachment 188472 Regards,

Jay.
Sherry aged makes for a very pleasant single malt. One of my favorites is The Balvenie Doublewood.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I slow sipped a pour of Bardstown Bourbon Company Discovery Series #9, while wrapping presents earlier. I’m a big fan of this series, and this batch ranks as one of the best in my opinion. Caramel, tobacco, leather, and Chocolate bomb. I’m curious to know the distillery in Georgia where 35% of the blend was sourced.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, All.

Cheers!

03B649CF-4E21-4081-9020-B7276E21C1A3.jpeg

C95ADA16-E848-4483-B962-8E4890625536.jpeg