New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
I've had a bottle of this stuff sitting on my bar for several years. I'm not sure why I bought it or why I've never opened it. Over Thanksgiving my older son asked me what the plan was for it. I shrugged and popped it open. I'm not an experienced single malt drinker. And while I found this really complex with a lot of flavors going on, the dominant one to me was: old Band-Aids. Things you can't unthink.

1671219744365.png

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I've had a bottle of this stuff sitting on my bar for several years. I'm not sure why I bought it or why I've never opened it. Over Thanksgiving my older son asked me what the plan was for it. I shrugged and popped it open. I'm not an experienced single malt drinker. And while I found this really complex with a lot of flavors going on, the dominant one to me was: old Band-Aids. Things you can't unthink.

View attachment 187653
I'm a big fan of Laphroaig, although I haven't tried the Quarter Cask. I prefer Islays in general, and Laphroaig is undoubtedly one of the more robust examples of the type. The Band-Aid flavor is absolutely part of the experience, which certainly isn't for everyone.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I’ve been on a bit of a rye kick today. Had a pour of Pikesville while watching the Carolina game today, then a celebratory/nerve calming pour of Michter’s Barrel Proof Toasted Barrel after stealing one in overtime in an ugly affair.
This team will drive me nuts this season.

3695C0BA-7F00-4DFF-AE1D-8ABAA6BD1456.jpeg
AAFFF75F-5D60-462C-A04E-49F2EE75213F.jpeg

Now, I’m going to slow sip a glass of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A121 for the rest of the evening, or until my eyes shut. The wife will let me know it’s bedtime when she wakes me up.:rolleyes:

Cheers!

563E3537-79A1-4E30-8434-0F5017276287.jpeg

I am fortunate enough to have a friend in my bourbon circle that has plenty of time and money on his hands. He and his wife flew out to Park City Utah and bought 2 cases of High West - A Midwinter Night‘s Dram - The Encore, distillery only release. He dropped mine off yesterday, so it prompted me to pull out an opened bottle of Act 8 and have a pour last night. Christmas in a glass.

Cheers!

View attachment 186435
2 cases! She must also have connections cuz I believe its a 1-2 bottle limit! Nice!

One case limit ( 6 bottles ) per customer. He and his wife bought a case each. They were in line when the doors opened on the day of the drop. I feel very fortunate to be the recipient of his gracious generosity.

Cheers!
I was there as well. The line was several blocks long and wide long before the doors opened. I skipped. It’s good but not that good. I actually work with the guy who conceived of that project! He left Hiwest a couple years ago! I’m like why leave!!!!