PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Nice! Let me know your thoughts on the hot sauce.

I've had it. I thought that it was good, but I think that I over-hyped it in my mind because I didn't find it as good as I was hoping it would be. I need to try it on more stuff though. It would probably be great in some homemade cocktail sauce.
Well, tried it by itself and on some jambalaya I made. I thought it was very good, not much heat. The old bay flavor just kinda hangs out in the background. I did have the same initial reaction as you. It’s kinda like reading a ton of reviews on a VaPer all saying it’s a Perique bomb, ordering it, waiting, getting it finally, firing it up and then asking yourself mid bowl....where’s the Perique....I can hardly taste it;)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It’s kinda like reading a ton of reviews on a VaPer all saying it’s a Perique bomb, ordering it, waiting, getting it finally, firing it up and then asking yourself mid bowl....where’s the Perique....I can hardly taste it;)

Exactly!

It is good in its own right, but I don't understand why it was so hard to get for so long because everyone was buying it up because it was the "best" they ever tasted.

40AE9C0E-7BA2-4423-99D8-7231E89C0DF1.jpegTried some of my watermelon wine. I made it on a lark after seeing a recipe posted in the winemakers forum. Yeh, it wasn’t what I was expecting. It tasted like a cross between cantaloupe and the rind. The experts say to let it age for a year to gain back some of the flavors. With a bit of mint and a hunk of melon, it’s not terrible, but this batch will go down to the solitary confinement to think about what it’s done... for a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.