PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Had my first ever shot of Jim Beam Single Barrel Bourbon (47.5%) last night and it was delightful. I only came across this Beam expression last week and have already ordered a second bottle at it is currently on sale at Amazon.

In my view it's right up there with Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve etc.

a single barrel.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Last edited:

dquisenberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2016
dallas tx
Had my first ever shot of Jim Beam Single Barrel Bourbon (47.5%) last night and it was delightful. I only came across this Beam expression last week and have already ordered a second bottle at it is currently on sale at Amazon.

In my view it's right up there with Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve etc.

View attachment 40317

Regards,

Jay.
I didn’t know bourbon was available from amazon. When I look it up nothing is available to deliver to Dallas TX.

3. Caol Ila 12 yo

4. Repeat of #2

1. Laphroaig Quarter Cask
2. I brewed a second pot of coffee in the morning, which I forgot to drink (After the first cup). So I added a shot of Kraken Rum, froze it into a slush and sipping it slowly through a straw. It still tastes like black coffee, but with nuanced notes of spice

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Reactions: cshubhra

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Hey brother, things are looking up around here! My son and his girlfriend will be here Monday with my contraband shipment of Old Bay + Old Bay hot sauce......I’m pumped!

Nice! Let me know your thoughts on the hot sauce.

I've had it. I thought that it was good, but I think that I over-hyped it in my mind because I didn't find it as good as I was hoping it would be. I need to try it on more stuff though. It would probably be great in some homemade cocktail sauce.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Nice! Let me know your thoughts on the hot sauce.

I've had it. I thought that it was good, but I think that I over-hyped it in my mind because I didn't find it as good as I was hoping it would be. I need to try it on more stuff though. It would probably be great in some homemade cocktail sauce.
Will do sir!

Reactions: python and cshubhra
HVXU7274.jpg
Last night, we popped the top on a fresh bottle of my homemade peach wine. It could probably stand to age for a few more months, but we were anxious to try it fresh. Very dry, with that alcaholy fragrance up front, but with a bite of the fresh peach in the swallow that gives the wine the illusion of sweetness. I couldn't be more pleased. I just wish I had of made 15 gallons, instead of 5. But, we at least have 24 more bottles to set back and enjoy as the alcohol metabolizes into more of those flavonoids.
I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy tasting, and making wines is more about the flavors for me.

I know, I know, the font I chose for the label makes the drink seem more dangerous from a distance, ha ha. But, I swear it says "Cosmic Peach."

Status
Not open for further replies.