What’s Your Favorite “Stress Relief” Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Anything will do really. Mood dependent really and taste varies. Lately it's been Solani ABF. About to smoke some Haunted Bookshop. I wouldn't say I'm stressed out, but just seems that the busy work never ends. Wait, is that stress?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and petes03

Admiral Byrd

Lurker
Jul 9, 2020
Alabama
Wilke - Crystal Palace: I think this is my go-to "Stress Reducer". It has so many textures throughout the bowl that I seem to slow down and practice the art of smoking. And, when the session is done, it seems to leave a pleasant aftertaste. Not a big nic hit. Just enough to add to the experience. Can't stress when your mind and body is interacting with this smoke puffy

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Anything really strong, however since tying Toscano cigars it will be that, cut in half for a 40 minute smoke and instant nic hit. I find that stress doesn't do for appreciating pipe tobacco, I may load and pack wrongly and have a mediocre smoke which just adds more frustration while you can't really mess up a cigar.

tatter

Lurker
Nov 15, 2015
California
when I have one of those "i really need a pipe" moments, i dip into my McClellands #24 stash. It always does the trick. A little whisky might help as well

Reactions: petes03

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
For me what works best is to claim 3-4 hours on a weekend night and smoke something strong with beer and whiskey on the side.
ATM my preferred strong smokes are 1792 Flake and Royal Yacht, the beer is a local strong lager and the whiskey is Jameson.
Actually I would prefer some Glendronach or Glenkinchie, or maybe even a good cognac, but there is some pleasure to be found also in keeping things simple and less expensive.
Glendronach never ceases to amaze me with how delicious it is but the secondary market is pricing me out of the game.

Reactions: workman

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
For me it's not so much about smoking to de-stress, but more about treating myself to something good. Sort of like running a warm bath and relaxing for a bit. I have always considered Irish Oak/Cask as a good wind down smoke.