Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I've done keto on and off since the '90s—I'm usually less sluggish and feel better when I'm on it, and am better about hydrating and flushing my system with water when I'm on it. The last time was before the pandemic. With the uncertainty of food availability at the time, we stocked up on pasta and rice and that was the beginning of packing on some extra pounds, which definitely needs some shedding.

Reactions: edger

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I’ve been doing the specific carbohydrate diet which is very similar to the keto diet. I started last November after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and it helps a lot getting my symptoms under control.
I thought it seemed kooky when I heard about it but I hate being on meds so I was willing to try it. It’s not perfect and you've got to tweak some things to work for you but my symptoms are waaay better than they were when I was on the horse pills that the drs gave me.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I did kepo for about a year and a half, went from 317 to 180, then got off it for the last 6 months because "oh I can control myself now" .. needless to say put 30 pounds back on and now it's time to go back to kept, get to my goal weight and then do more of a just reduced carb diet. I'm only at 210 which isn't "horrible" but yah time to get back to it.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Great thread, I'm rereading it now.

Been on keto (mostly) for about 3 years, dropped about 80 lbs so far. Got another bit to go still. Walking, Paddy's - various vodkas - and the new Budweiser zero carb beer helps out too :)! And yes, love those pork rinds, cukes, pickles too :))

kindly
mike

• Love
Reactions: edger