Welcome To The 3rd Annual Fishnbanjo Day.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
late to the party

img_20190709_1613381-337x600.jpg

sorry, don't have a hat :puffy:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Wait, what? Fishbanjo passed away? OMG ... i missed that, it seemed like yesterday he posted a pic with another new pipe ... so sad to hear :crying: What happened, I know the man was recovering from cancer !?

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Pierre, That's a solid Banjo pic with the sun in your face, sunglasses on, nice little plume of smoke, trees and blue skies in the background. You nailed it!
My pipe smoking has really slowed down lately between hot weather in Central California and busy with work/family. This thread is encouraging me to fire up a bowl in one of my favorite pipes. Pic to follow of course.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Trying to keep it smokey but timing was off...
unadjustednonraw_thumb_306-451x600.jpg

Peterson Aran Rusticated with GL Pease Westminster (hat is an Akubra Snowy River, no idea what the tree is but it's winter here so it's nice to see some colour in the greenery)

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Sante was a true hero and a hell of a good human being. His generosity known only to those who received it...he absolutely refused to advertise his good heart/generosity.
They say in war that some gave and some gave all...Sante gave all and lived his life as if every day was the last...sadly his has ended. RIP, my brother.

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Late to the game, but here I am keepin it smokey for Sante this morning in front of the larch I planted on my place, with some Smokers' Haven 'Our Best Blend' in my trusty Old England 13.

img_7125-600x580.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Bumping the thread and keeping it smokey for Sante. Breaking in my new Randy Wiley Patina Briar Calabash with some RO Firestorm in my lonely dark smoke shack in the woods.......
wiley-calabash-600x600.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I just began the process with ebay to get my funds returned for the "fishnbanjo day" hat I ordered. Turns out to be a deadbeat seller.
:evil:
So, my FBD hat pic will come at some random time, days or weeks in the future, as my disrupted income and mobility will allow.
How's the briar toilet seat pipe smoke? :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Bummer about the hat! The briar toilet seat is.......well...... the shit! Haha. An excellent smoker, and that fat chunk of flame grain with a fat lip feels amazing in the hand. A straight flush as far as I’m concerned! :rofl:
In all seriousness though, it’s an excellent smoker. Nice big chamber is actually somewhat conical, smoked very well, great with the RO. Going to be hard to resist buying more Wiley pipes in the near future. Damn wife. Really want one of his Galleon pots......resisting another toilet pun....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not much with photos, as in zero, so I will have to go with my avatar, which is at least me with a pipe. Hail to fish', his brave presence and his vast stable of extraordinary pipes. Thanks to him for my first Meerschaum, an estate straight billiard with wine grape etchings. In pipes, he had them all from cobs, to exquisite briar, to bamboo in great variety, and morta. You name it.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
RIP Sorry to hear that. He will be missed.
(Craig, Hawkeye's daughter and me seem to be the only folks without a beard). lol

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Keeping it Smokey and bumping the thread with some Nording Hunter's Blend Labrador in the Old Dominion Richmond Cob while doing a little grilling in the Alaskan sunshine. Widest chamber I've found on a cob at .88. Which rocks.
kis-grillin2-600x450.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Ain't got no fishin' hat but hope this would qualify, someone of my pals 'took this while we were at all incl. corporative lunch at the seaside restaurant, Keep 'em damn things smokey boys, ' RIP Dear Mr. Fishin Banjo'

Ps.Waiters who were in shift may have thought TX Rangers was in,lol

img_20190606_192151-450x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.