Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Well we have a bunch of new members.
With Fur and Feather now joined by Soren and fuzzyface I'm sure we'll be hearing more about bullocks and lorries and what not.
Welcome guys and welcome all!

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
Welcome to everyone, Phil, I feel like the old fart after only two months...wait a min. I am an old fart

clovisman

Lurker
Apr 15, 2010
Hi Folks:
Thought I should dip my toe in the water. Veteran of ASP, although not recently. Active in Smokers Forums. Looking forward to the experience here.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Hello-
My name is Irwin but i go by shotokun16 and im an individual in search for something new unique and mysterious ever year. Well two years ago i tried my first real legitimate smoke on a cheap Sandra pipe with a carbon filter and another pipe (no name) with no filter straight with my girlfriend. Around 9-930pm in San Francisco we found the weather to be quiet cool and comfortable to hit little Italy and chill in the park. The park was beautiful and there was an old cathedral in front, the stars were out and tourists were flocking to fishermans warf. Anyways, my gf wanted to smoke our pipes (long story short, her professor was smoking on campus and she was just mesmerized on the aromatic smell and the calmness of the visual appearance of pipe smoking and she loves sherlock holmes).
As we sat in the park facing the playground sitting on a old green bench. We busted out the kitchen matches, a log/fireplace lighter, and a creme bruele torch. We bought some cheap tined arromatics that smelled like vanilla, so we just id a gravity fill on our pipes and had no idea on tamping, venting, draw, and just mashed it up and lit away. About 60 lites into our pipe tobacco experience, we found the journey extremely difficult. ANd gave up. I tried now and then and just wasnt into pipe smoking. (After the event i scorched my briar and left a black char on top of the bowl)
Two-years later after ocdring (obsessive compulsive disorder researching) on pipe tobacco for the past two months i found a great pack method (i.e. Frank method and a little hybrid), lighter, tobacconist, "cake build up", got a savinelli pipe, won my first peterson estate pipe, and cellaring tobacco ( 2-tins of Penzance). I was in a shock and finally trying my first Virginian tobacco. 4.13.10 (stonehaven)
In the past i've never smoked cigarettes, smoked hookah with friends or gf, and some cigars on special events (i.e. Vegas mostly), and now pipe smoking. AMAZING STUFF! and on top of that im hoping to only smoke twice a week so i can become a decent marathon runner. Just recently did some trail running 9k, going to do a 5k soon, and now a 12k so yah. NEVER INHALE =) or i'm a dead runner.
Past Experience and Interests: 14 years of tennis experience, chess enthusiast with a low USCF rating (goal is to reach 1500 end of this year), snowboarding, computer building, poetry, philosophy, GMAT studying, and accounting.
-shotokun16 or irwin

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Hi Irwin,
Welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you might be ready to finally enjoy that scene in the park.
As far as marathon running goes, pipe smoking shouldn't affect that in the least, even at several bowls a day. If it were cigarettes or you were inhaling pipe tobacco, it'd be a different matter.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Irwin,

I look forward to your thoughts and pictures on the subjects that arise in the forums.

You can get some great advice, tricks and tips and have your questions answered here.

We're just regular folks from all over the world, (right Vitor, Furandfeather, Unclearthur) that share a pipe smoking passion?

Welcome to the fraternity, and your "gf" is welcome too.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
hey nice to meet everyone! So hmmm i e-mailed pipes and cigars.com about SG FVF tins and they're having manufacturing issues and tins wont be able to make into the US around the Fall (sorry for jacking the thread) But anyways Welcome laurance

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Sorry I haven't been around lately guys. Welcome all new members, hope that you enjoy the site.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all our newest members.

We look forward to your questions, posts, and pictures.

Nothing but good people here, you will feel right at home.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to the Fraternity all you new guys.

We look forward to your posts and your pictures.

Don't forget to accept those "Friendship Requests".

Status
Not open for further replies.