Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Funny you should mention that, I was just checking out their site. I like the looks of their Missouri Pride model. I didn't really take them seriously until reading some articles about them recently.

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
The Latakia was really different then anything I've ever tried - first impressions were good and made me think of pine and tea. I don't remember the name of the blend, there were a few floating around that night with Latakia in it. I should have taken better notes! Having rarely spoken to other pipe smokers before that night, I was kind of overwhelmed by all the new information - which was a good thing.
By the way, I found this article on "Pipe Chat" that describes Missouri Meerschaum's corncob pipes - the Freehand does look pretty cool:

http://pipechat.info/index.php?topic=1882.0

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Heya my name is Thomas Chambers. Im from Chattanooga, Tennessee and have been smoking a pipe for about 6 months now give or take. I smoke aromatics myself and my favorite two so far are Lane 1-Q and Black Cordial. My favorite pipes are my Peterson 80s and my Stanwell Nordic 253.

keilen

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Hi, my name is Keilen McDonald-Hodgson. I have smoked cigars for several years and have just recently started pipes. I got my pipe in Germany and I enjoy smoking Back Woods pipe tobacco. I also recently acquired a box of Cohiba Havana cigars. I Have smoked of and on through the years and i enjoy pipes very much.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wow! Four new members in the last few hours.... cool.

Just one question... is it Jennifer or Kirk?

I can't believe it three of the puffing fairer sex.

Outstanding!
We all look forward to your posts and pictures, and opinions/advice.
Jennifer, we are glad to have you join the rapidly growing ranks of Pipe puffing ladies of the Pipemagazine Fraternity.

mausee

Lurker
Jun 16, 2010
Hey!

My name is Ville and im from Finland (if i happen to spell something in a weird manner, just blame it on the schools)

I haven't smoked a single pipe in my life, but i've gotten my fair share of cigarettes and cigars.

Recently though, i realized how fond i am of tobacco and i got this idea that i'd look up a tobacco forum to aid me into the world of tobacco pipes.

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Welcome Ville, I like pipe smoking because there's so much variety in tobaccos and I can appreciate the beauty of a fine made pipe. Also, the experience is a lot different than smoking cigarettes or cigars - more contemplative somehow. The members of this forum have a lot of knowledge to share. Enjoy!

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Hehe ill fire up the camera in the morning and get a pic taken. I stuck Cthulhu up there for the mean time =p.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Ville, and Thom,
Not to wrroy aubot selplnig Ville.

As lnog as you hvae the frsit and lsat ltertes in the rhgit pacle aynnoe can raed it.
Guys, we all look forward to your posts, pictures, and questions.
Welcome to the Fraternity!

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
@pstlpkr: for a second there you had me worried that you were having a seizure or something! :-D
Welcome everyone. There's a good bunch of people here and lots of friendly, helpful advice.
Simon

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Welcome all new members, to the hippest, friendliest, most informative pipe-tobacco site on the web. When I am here, things are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.