PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
It's pretty darned good, but there are other VaPer I like much better.

Not sure whether I hope this was an intentionally small release to generate hype or if it's a lack of blending ingredients. Both don't bode well. I suppose it could be more hungry mouths buying quality tobacco, which is a good thing for the industry, if deleterious for my personal stash.

I'm waiting for them to carry good ole Simply Red again.

Reactions: wordheavy and jmg81

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
It's pretty darned good, but there are other VaPer I like much better.

Not sure whether I hope this was an intentionally small release to generate hype or if it's a lack of blending ingredients. Both don't bode well. I suppose it could be more hungry mouths buying quality tobacco, which is a good thing for the industry, if deleterious for my personal stash.

I'm waiting for them to carry good ole Simply Red again.
Im waiting for simply red as well.

Reactions: wordheavy

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Damn. I was hoping to get my hands on 2oz. Forgot it was today, just happened to take a break from the shed long enough to check email and saw the email from WCC like an hour earlier. Hurried over to the site and it was already gone.

That’s alright, probably only a handful of bowls between now and 4/1, and plenty of others to try between now and then!

Reactions: jmg81

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Actually, word is that this was the single largest batch of tobacco that they have made to date. So, it would seem that there are either more people buying now or people are better informed. The last release in April was apparently available for nearly 3 days and this much larger batch of it sold out in less than an hour.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Damn. I was hoping to get my hands on 2oz. Forgot it was today, just happened to take a break from the shed long enough to check email and saw the email from WCC like an hour earlier. Hurried over to the site and it was already gone.

That’s alright, probably only a handful of bowls between now and 4/1, and plenty of others to try between now and then!
@BarrelProof ... PM me and I will send you a sample, if interested.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Gone in an hour? Sheesh!
I happened to see it and ordered a pound. Guess I got lucky.
jiminks had sent me a sample when it first came out and I intended to buy some but it wasn’t available.
I got a pound as well. This will be my first time trying it so we’ll see how it goes. Even if it’s not to my liking, people like to trade for this blend and love it when they can get a free sample, so cellaring some is a win-win to me.

Reactions: sablebrush52

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Actually, word is that this was the single largest batch of tobacco that they have made to date. So, it would seem that there are either more people buying now or people are better informed. The last release in April was apparently available for nearly 3 days and this much larger batch of it sold out in less than an hour.

Watch City blends like Rouxgaroux or Simply Red, and Watch City in general, got massively increased visibility on the popular pipe message boards over the last year. While folks can downplay the impact of da' boards, most pipe tobacco is made in relatively small production lots and it's priced at a level where a pretty big share of buyers can afford multiple pounds a purchase. So raising profile with just a couple hundred buyers who were unaware can eat up a supply of most tobaccos. KBV, Peretti 'special' releases......what gets a lot of airtime gets harder to grab. This is especially true of anything that has an actual or perceived scarcity......the more there is an air of 'limited' the harder it's hit. LJP's 150th was a mad rush on initial release, but talking to the shop when they made it a regular runner demand dropped way down.

Reactions: gamzultovah
Status
Not open for further replies.