PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
I probably took a couple puffs too many of Dunhill Royal Yachht. I feel nasty right now, dear god. Bleaurgh Urf Urk Splorch (help me think of more sounds that are reminiscent of feeling green).
Oh what will I do about this 50g tin...
-Swilly

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
You could always try mixing it with a lighter blend that is low on the vitamin N.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Right, as Grizz posted, try blending in small increments with another baccy, together in separate container to not ruin the other suspect. Too much nic in the royal yacht, I'll have to try it/****

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I read an article recently (I don't remember where) that having a few sugar cubes on hand and sucking on them,helps with the symptoms of having to much nicotine. I think it also said chewing gum would also help. Something about saliva.

Jul 12, 2011
I find chocolate helps me calm the nerves after too much Vita-N,

and I have a sweet tooth so it all works for me ;-)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
If you like it other than the nicotine wallop to the brain then just keep it and smoke it sparingly. Now you have yet another excuse to buy pipes...need a small pipe for nic heavy blends = )

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
+1 ohin3
I use to get the same feeling with Exhausted Rooster two tins later I do not even notice it.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I can't handle big bowls of nic heavy blends but so many of them are to my liking that I bought a Stanwell Featherweight for just such occasions. At least that's how I rationalized it to myself ha ha ha.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
If you like it other than the nicotine wallop to the brain then just keep it and smoke it sparingly. Now you have yet another excuse to buy pipes...need a small pipe for nic heavy blends = )
This is why I have an MM Pony dedicated to 1792 Flake, ghosts like crazy and sends my head and guts soaring, but I do love the stuff in small amounts. Oh sweet 1792!!!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Just trade it to someone under the Buy/Sell/Trade, people will make you offers fast and offer lower nicotine tobacco in exchange.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
I have a friend that got Dunhill EMP, he doesn't seem to like Latakia that much or something (when he smoked it in his cob he felt that it really stung his throat, I have a feeling that he might have drawn on it too quickly). He tried it in my Radice which I've dedicated to Lat blends and he said it was better.
He then tried the Royal Yacht and mentioned that he felt no nic kick, and he thought it was much smoother on his throat. We'll probably continue to sample each other's blends, but if things continue the way it started out, we might just exchange, haha.
For Virginia I have some Dan Tobacco Patriot Flake which I like and doesn't have as much nicotine as the Yacht.
I'll try blending it with some other stuff too. Thanks for all the advice.
-Swilly

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I'm pretty tolerant of nicotine, I can take a lot and feel just fine. I really miss getting a good buzz everytime I smoke.
So what would be the strongest blend? I do have some Nicotiana Rustica started, it's a very strong tobacco. Same with Kentucky Burly, half a cigarette used to feel like a couple beers to me. But that stopped working, so now I need something stronger. I hope that Rustica grows well here, I might grow in my windowsill if that would work. Who knows, it might grow indoors.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Small pipe. Slow sips. I have a small calabresi dedicated to the yacht and I love the stuff.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
!792 used to throw me for a loop, even in a smaller bowl. As time has gone by that went away, anymore I load up a big bowl and and sip it slowly over the course of an hour or so. Good stuff.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Being a soon to be ex cigarette smoker( only 2 yesterday and none today) nicotine from pipe tobacco has never been an issue for me. Would I smoke Petersons Irish Flake for breakfast on an empty stomach...I think not. I am not going test my tolerance like that but so far even the Irish Flake after dinner in a large bowl has not been a problem. I could see how people who were never cigarette or cigar smokers could get looped by some of the stronger blends.
My worst nicotine experience was when I smoked a freshly rolled Opus X( cigar) right off the rolling table first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I got queasy as hell from that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.