Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Mine so far is Virginia Longcut from Pipes & Cigars. If that's going to be the first bowl of the day, it's best to be sitting down when you take the first few puffs, or you're gonna end up on the floor when the nicotine hits.
Some days I like that as my first smoke. Other days I prefer to start with something a little more mellow.

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
Gauntley's in the UK do a 'Bayou blend' with 16% perique, which packs a punch! Nice though....

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I'm a nicotine fiend, have a few blends in rotation that can catch one unawares. I would have to say 1792 takes the cake though, with perhaps Peterson Irish Flake running second. Ten Russians runs the strongest of any "English" type blends.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
1792 Flake is the strongest I will smoke and only in small bowls. I just bought a MM Pony to dedicate to this devil flake!!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Five Brothers!! Although a sample of Bracken Flake from Baskerville59 knocked me on my ass over the summer!!!

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
For me atleast, Ten Russians, Haunted Bookshop, and sometimes University Flake if I smoke it on an empty stomach. Other than that, all my other blends are fairly mild nicotine wise.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I think dipping Copenhagen for the last 25 years has skewed my ability to detect nicotine in pipe tobacco. I can't think of a pipe tobacco that satisfies a nicotine craving.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I'm going to have to try some of these. Haunted Bookshop was mentioned and that is pretty much my all day smoke right now and I didn't think it was high in nicotine, or at least I havn't noticed.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Samuel Gawith 1792, Gawith and Hoggarth Dark Birdseye, and G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight.

Status
Not open for further replies.