PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I find using a cell phone to tell time is damned inconvenient. This is on my wrist 24/7, unless I'm going to the symphony or some such event, in which case I have gold Seamaster DeVille from the early '70's, which was passed on to me from my uncle. Put the rubber strap on the Seamaster a few weeks ago and am really liking it. Currently eyeing a Sinn 556. They have a price increase coming in a couple weeks, so maybe it's time to get off the fence
View attachment 93989

This is my favorite Seamaster reference. So many great watches in this thread. Who among us would really be surprised that pipe smokers have great taste?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
This is my favorite Seamaster reference. So many great watches in this thread. Who among us would really be surprised that pipe smokers have great taste?
I like the current Seamasters too, except for those skeleton hands. Can't stand 'em. Pulled the DeVille out of the safe for a shot. A classic dress watch. I think it's a caliber 565. Womble did the restoration.
IMG_1211.jpg

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
7C3EE140-48C7-42A5-9E3A-E37B6336E3B2.jpeg
Tudor Black Bay - this was the first model with their own in house movement after Swatch pulled the plug on providing ETA ebauches. I thought it was an interesting curiousity because of this (obviously I love the look too).

This was my “gift” to myself to celebrate the birth of my son. Intended to pass it on to him one day along with my father’s Omega:

8997F908-D1E6-42F7-9963-22A39EE0582C.jpeg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
View attachment 95472
Tudor Black Bay - this was the first model with their own in house movement after Swatch pulled the plug on providing ETA ebauches. I thought it was an interesting curiousity because of this (obviously I love the look too).

This was my “gift” to myself to celebrate the birth of my son. Intended to pass it on to him one day along with my father’s Omega:

View attachment 95475

Tudor is making some really cool watches. I've had my eye on the Black Bay 58 for a while, and I plan to pick up a 1926 for my next watch, which I'll wear as my daily work watch.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Good to know because I am a fan of the brands designs.

I'm not a diver, but I wanted something waterproof that I could use in any situation and not have the crytal fog up...
Its important to check the screw-down crown periodically because mine has come unsealed/unscrewed over time simply by putting coats on and off, and then water can get in there.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Its important to check the screw-down crown periodically because mine has come unsealed/unscrewed over time simply by putting coats on and off, and then water can get in there.
Good advice. The Casio so far has never loosened. To close the stem you have to depress while you tighten.

Here’s a cool made in UK Timex mechanical hand wind.
View attachment 95557
Does is say, "Made in UK" most of mine made outside the US are stamped "Swiss made."
If you are curious about the year of that watch, this is a neat Timex feature... Timex date decoder. Find the date and value of a vintage Timex watch - https://serial-number-decoder.co.uk/timex/timex.htm

I'd be interested to know if it is a Marlin. I've never seen one like that. It would have definitely drawn my attention.