PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just finished my first bowl of this blend, and found it to be a very nice smoke. For once I could really taste the cigar leaf in a pipe blend, maybe too much so. It also left that cigar flavor in my mouth after finishing the bowl. I'm kind of on the fence about how much I like it, but time will tell. My favorite for this type of blend has been Pease's Key Largo for years, and it will be hard to beat that.

Well, I missed out on this one, but will be adding a tin of Key Largo to my next order. Been wanting to try it for a while, anyway.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Smoking Warped “The Haunting” in a chunky Boswell Billiard. I could smell the Virginia upon opening it. Removing it from the tin I was able to notice the Criollo. It’s a little on the dry side out of the tin, but not overly dry.

On the initial lighting the Criollo comes through with strong leather, spice, and charred wood, with sweetness of the Virginia on the aftertaste. As the bowl progresses the flavors begin to balance, and the flavor becomes full and rich. The strength is just past the middle mark.

This should age well, mellowing and marrying these tobaccos, and I would expect that this would take on rich sweet and somewhat floral character.

A fabulous blend.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I placed and order for an estate pipe and tobacco the day before the Warped/C&D "The Haunting" was released and it was too late to add a tin to the order. They placed an offline order for a tin in order to hold it for a future order, but I decided to cancel it due to shipping and the new Ohio Excise Tax. Therefore, a single tin should pop back up for sale on their site at any time now. Hopefully somebody will be able to snag and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.