PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
As. Ad as I want to try it, McClellands cigar blend just doesn’t do it for me. I burn my tongue every time I smoke it because there is not enough flavor for me.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I probably would've ordered a tin. However my TAD finally got the best of me and I placed an order last night for some other stuff so that it would arrive on Friday. Just found out about this new blend today and dont care to pay another $12 shipping fee just for one tin. If its still around in a few months I'll grab it on my next order.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
That was quick. My two tins arrived in my mailbox in less than 48 hours from when I placed my order. Tins 0640/2000 and 1250/2000...not that it matters.
Look forward to hearing some tasting notes! I passed as well...

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Only one bowl into it but what a great room note.Plenty of Virginia for the aging potential. Burns perfect right out of the tin. Sweet up front. Plenty of smoke. Retrohale gives you a nice cigar note. Cigar leaf is normally added for body more than flavor but you can note the cigar leaf in this blend as it has a pretty apparent percentage. I will have to work through the tin to understand it more but right off the bat I really enjoy it.4734

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
Only one bowl into it but what a great room note.Plenty of Virginia for the aging potential. Burns perfect right out of the tin. Sweet up front. Plenty of smoke. Retrohale gives you a nice cigar note. Cigar leaf is normally added for body more than flavor but you can note the cigar leaf in this blend as it has a pretty apparent percentage. I will have to work through the tin to understand it more but right off the bat I really enjoy it.View attachment 4734
Wow, those are some vibrant Virginia ribbons. I'm glad you like the blend, how much did you get for aging?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Only one bowl into it but what a great room note.Plenty of Virginia for the aging potential. Burns perfect right out of the tin. Sweet up front. Plenty of smoke. Retrohale gives you a nice cigar note. Cigar leaf is normally added for body more than flavor but you can note the cigar leaf in this blend as it has a pretty apparent percentage. I will have to work through the tin to understand it more but right off the bat I really enjoy it.

Is there any notable added flavorings or is it pretty much just straight up VAs/Criollo? How about the nicotine content? Your impressions make me wish I had a chance to grab a tin. Hope you continue to enjoy it

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I just finished my first bowl of this blend, and found it to be a very nice smoke. For once I could really taste the cigar leaf in a pipe blend, maybe too much so. It also left that cigar flavor in my mouth after finishing the bowl. I'm kind of on the fence about how much I like it, but time will tell. My favorite for this type of blend has been Pease's Key Largo for years, and it will be hard to beat that.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I’ve just began my first smoke of it. Wow!

This is my first experience with a cigar-leaf blend, but I am very pleased and at this point, I like this very much! It reminds me of McClelland Smyrna, but with a cigar-type body. This is really something interesting! It’s never good to judge a blend on the first smoke, though, so I’m looking forward to seeing how my opinion develops throughout the tin.

Getting good points in my book, even if only for the fact that this blend is so unique!

Status
Not open for further replies.