PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Got the same email but didn't follow up. What the hell is it?

EDIT: Just read the description. Sounds interesting but I'm in TAD lockdown with few exceptions so I will pass as well.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
I'm curious about it! Also, after listening to Smokingpipe's interview about this new blend, am I right in thinking this may be a seasonally released offering? Each fall this may roll around? What was your take on it?

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
The description sounds interesting, but I do not need another blend that I like and never have a chance to get a tin again.

In addition to that, I consider it weird to market products with adjectives as diabolical, but I might be old fashioned.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
@burleyboy, I think they're doing 'diabolical' etc. on purpose to tie in with the Halloween season--in the interview at SP.com they did refer specifically to this 'halloween' release, in terms of the season. So they're probably going after a little of the spooky factor. :)

But again, I kind of took them to indicate this might be a recurring seasonal release? Is that just me or did you guys get that too? Wishful thinking on my part?

Reactions: burleyboy

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
If it is a limited release, that is oh so on-brand for Warped, which milks that cow as hard as any cigar maker. They do make some fine cigars (I especially like their regular production La Hacienda, Flor Del Valle and Los Relatos), though. If I am placing an order and it's available, I might snag a tin, but won't be going out of my way.

Reactions: logs

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
If I want cigar leaf I’ll scrounge around the bowels of the internet for a few tins or loose ounces of Gawith rope. This is not in my wheelhouse enough for me to jump on.

upnorth1

Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
Between John Patton's cigar based blends and C&D's Billy Budd I'm already pretty good in the cigar leaf dept. I also keep a small jar of Maduro leaf for when the urge to add a pinch to a pipe takes me. Tempting but I'll pass also.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I'm with acidpox on this one. Not in the market but next order I'll check it out if it's around.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
Between John Patton's cigar based blends and C&D's Billy Budd I'm already pretty good in the cigar leaf dept. I also keep a small jar of Maduro leaf for when the urge to add a pinch to a pipe takes me. Tempting but I'll pass also.
When I smoke a cigar its always either a maduro or a double so reading your idea grabbed my attention. Which flavors from the leaf develop when smoked in a pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.