PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
@ Weez.............

What a great photo! I remember Fish posting about taking his beloved Weimaraner in the car for an afternoon ride.........Smokin' a pipe and a ride with the dog.......... don't get much better than that..........

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
A sad loss indeed. Looking back over his posts, he ordered a Morta Poker a week ago. Buying pipes until the last day on this earth. And what a collection he had. Never seen so many beautiful pipes. I will miss seeing him out for a walk smoking one of his beauties.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I just saw this.....Sante was a good man, a brave man and his willingness to share his passions and his knowledge were admirable, he will be missed. May he Rest In Peace and my sincerest condolences to his family.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
This is indeed sad news. Sante was a gentleman and a friend. Blessings and comfort to his family.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am truly shocked and feeling like I lost someone very close. I enjoyed his posts, especially his smokey pictures. RIP Banjo and Keep It Smokey, sir!

I just came to know about Banjo's departure. Left a message at the obituary website for his family. He was 3 years older than my father and it feels the same to lose a fatherly figure/friend as I did when mine passed away in 1998
RIP Banjo, Hope they have McClelland and Dunhill blends in Valhalla !!
Chris :puffpipe:

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
It's always very sad to lose a valued and much loved person of this community. RIP BANJO. Condolences to all here who new him. I always enjoyed his posts. Now I will have to go back through his posts to re-enjoy all the things he had to say and view the magnificent pipes that brought him such joy. Peace to all.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Maybe a mod can take all of their accrued vacation time and spend the entirety of it corralling all of Banjo's pipe pics into one magnificent spectacle of a thread.
:puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:
jay-roger.jpg

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
He had a multitude of beauties.

RIP

Thanks to members who posted stories/history on the man that I never knew.

Jan 8, 2013
Maybe a mod can take all of their accrued vacation time and spend the entirety of it corralling all of Banjo's pipe pics into one magnificent spectacle of a thread.
I'm all for that. At least the Keeping It Smokey photos. It would be great to look through all of those.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Fish posting about taking his beloved Weimaraner in the car for an afternoon ride.......
I saw this pic in in his obit and thought the same thing. I knew he LOVED that dog and vice versa. A pet CAN make a big difference in your life, I know many times over...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sure. But you could do that, too.....

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
What a huge loss for humankind. He set one helluva example for the rest of us. I had thought for years about visiting him over the summer but, you know who that goes. Really regretting missing the opportunity now.
If someone is in contact with his wife could they point her to all the various threads?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
bigpond, I too hope someone on Forums is in touch with someone in Sante's family to point them to the two threads celebrating his life. They might also want to look at some of his posts on Keeping It Smokey. Since viewing all this is readily available without joining Forums or posting, it is easy to visit. Indeed they might want to print it out for a keepsake. jiminks is trying through his facebook account. Anyone with a phone contact or other channel to the family might want to give it a go, or maybe send a message through the memorial site. My email is not functioning or I'd try. Sante had a number of worlds where he was a charismatic figure -- banjoes, fly rods, his professional world, and probably others, so his family may be swamped, but it's worth a try.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
While in general I don't believe in friendship established online and I had only 1 email exchange with him a couple of years ago, I think he is the exception to the rule. I am really saddened from his departure and I will be missing his posts and particularly his pics.

One thing I would like to say is that it looks, even with the struggle associated with his disease, he was able to live his full life until the very end and the fact he passed away while smoking his pipe or right after that is a full testimony of that. I say this as I have still a broken heart from the way my father passed away with his last 3 years completely physically incapacitated (he suffered a major stroke) but mentally competent staying in a nursing home. This is to say we all have to pass away sooner or later but there are complications worse than death and being able to live a full life till the end is a major blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.