Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
God Rest a good man. Keepin it smokey in his honor...
76L8Vfz.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Weezell, I think he'd definitely approve of the hat.
He, like many of his brothers in arms, paid the ultimate price for his efforts in Viet Nam.
Pepesdad, I'm not certain what was causing his ailments, but I do know that Agent Orange is causing many problems for many Vietnam Vets. I believe that it was the cause of many of my father's ailments before he died last year. It's sad to think that so many that came home are still paying the ultimate sacrifice so many years later.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Mr. Rosenthal, you are right about these vets’ deaths they are still dying for a cause most have forgotten. That is the most tragic aspect of a woeful event.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
How sad. Sante was a kind and upstanding member of the community. I always looked forward to his posts. God speed. I’m having a bowl in my Ikebana in his memory.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Damn. Damndamndamndamndamndamn. So long, banjo. I'm really going to miss him, *&* his crazy collection of pipes. This just royally sucks.
Bill

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Very sad, I'm going to miss his posts. He was posting right up to the end. Think I'll smoke some Dark Twist tonight.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm sad that I did not have the opportunity to meet this fine gentleman. May God bless this man and his family. He is one who will definitely be missed here and by all those who came in contact with him.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Breaks my heart.

I sold him a Becker last year and we chatted a bit about Beckers through history. He struck me as the kind of fellow I could smoke a couple bowls with on any given afternoon and have effortless conversations with.
He has a tremendous collection of pipes that I doubt anyone on here knows the extent of. I cant help but wonder what will become of them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Dammit all! What a loss, and it's who I feared when I saw the Maine address. Never met him face to face, but felt I knew him. A fine fellow, resting in peace, surely.
I will be keeping it smokey tonight with thoughts of the fine gentleman.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
RIP Sante.
Broken Pipe.
And the fly fishing community will also miss you. The knowledge you take with you in regard to bamboo rods is epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.