PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ever nuzzle and smell underneath a dog's ear where the hair is a bit stubby around their temples? Now that's a serious unusual pleasure but likely not a good idea to do to a dog you aren't familiar with.
nope but I like the way the top of kitty heads smell. Though I don't like when you yawn and they put their paw in your mouth (my cat did that once, still can't figure out why).

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Damn, this thread has given me some introspection.. After reading that Chasing Embers only has tobacco, alcohol, food, and puzzles.. I realize now that I need to at least start drinking and doing puzzles.

I used to have a few unusual pleasures that my wife helped me enjoy.. But that eager, enabling spirit has receded over the years.

Man, sniffing behind a dogs ear? Good God.. That's just what he's admitting to.

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Starting a young horse from an unbroke colt is pretty satisfying. It takes about 60 days.
Working on an old car and getting the engine to turn over for the first time in 40 years is satisfying.
Having a good old dog meet you at your front door is satisfying.
An ice cold steam beer on a blistering hot day is satisfying.
25 Straight at Trap is sure satisfying.
Finish reading a big thick classic book is satisfying.
Hooking a Halibut is satisfying

Englomatic

Lurker
Jun 18, 2020
Central Virginia
Right now I play about 50 games of Solitaire a day.
(on my iPhone, and I end many games within 30 seconds when I see it's not possibly going to work out.) So an average time per game is under 3 minutes. Lotta time with Solitaire!

But that's when there's a dearth of interesting sports to watch.
Same, but I suffer through to the bitter end. Average time is about 5 minutes. I play it on the desktop on a Google app

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I keep a pack in my pocket for quick games of clock during slow times at work.
I always keep a deck of cards or two in my car and backpacks (and have since high school).

You never know when you will need to pass some time or entertain yourself or others.

Euchre for the win (a simplified version of Spades that is primarily in the Midwest and Michigan in particular).