New Accessories
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I think that everyone is thinking too hard. Likely these pleasures are right under your nose but I am not insinuating members here pick their noses, although I also wouldn't be that surprised depending on the person.

Reactions: JOHN72

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Right now I play about 50 games of Solitaire a day.
(on my iPhone, and I end many games within 30 seconds when I see it's not possibly going to work out.) So an average time per game is under 3 minutes. Lotta time with Solitaire!

But that's when there's a dearth of interesting sports to watch.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I kind of like to try to get the various foods on my plate to come out even, so I finish them all at about the same time. It doesn't always work out, but it is satisfying when it does.

I get an exaggerated pleasure out of getting the mail. Not the bills and junk mail so much, but the occasional pipe or tobacco item, personal correspondence, or an interesting catalog or publication.

I get great pleasure out of communing with my animals, or animals at large, as I guess most people do. I enjoy watching an aquarium, though I don't maintain one. I find watching pastured horses or cattle mesmerizing, like the aquarium only more so. I once encountered a baby goat that had wandered from a farm adjoining the restaurant where I was having lunch, and i had to pick it up and let it eat my necktie. It was important to me to do that.

I really like walking, just for light exercise, to get my thoughts roving and my blood pumping. I notice all kinds of things -- changes in the local shops, dents in parked cars, the business or lack of it at local shops, people coming and going.

I think I have some more refined or advanced pleasures, but sometimes the simple things are most telling.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I kind of like to try to get the various foods on my plate to come out even, so I finish them all at about the same time. It doesn't always work out, but it is satisfying when it does.

I get an exaggerated pleasure out of getting the mail. Not the bills and junk mail so much, but the occasional pipe or tobacco item, personal correspondence, or an interesting catalog or publication.

I get great pleasure out of communing with my animals, or animals at large, as I guess most people do. I enjoy watching an aquarium, though I don't maintain one. I find watching pastured horses or cattle mesmerizing, like the aquarium only more so. I once encountered a baby goat that had wandered from a farm adjoining the restaurant where I was having lunch, and i had to pick it up and let it eat my necktie. It was important to me to do that.

I really like walking, just for light exercise, to get my thoughts roving and my blood pumping. I notice all kinds of things -- changes in the local shops, dents in parked cars, the business or lack of it at local shops, people coming and going.

I think I have some more refined or advanced pleasures, but sometimes the simple things are most telling.

Gotta have fries left to eat with my last bite of cheeseburger!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
This pleasure is a bit perverse, but I find it funny all the same. An old friend of mine, a Chemehuevi indian, will take me to some of the sacred sites in Southern California. Somewhere along the way I will throw something out the window. She is always surprised and starts to lecture me. When she asks why I did it, I tell her I was hoping to find the crying Indian. She falls for it every time. She has a great sense of humor. Her father is an elder with the tribe and both she and her father are on shows such as Ancient Aliens and similar. I know I should be more respectful, but the rascal in me just has to come out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always enjoy getting a haircut, especially when I discovered that my wife, despite little experience, is about the best barber I've ever had. I've lived through a lot of "it'll grow out" haircuts, but hers are ready for any occasion.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Right now I play about 50 games of Solitaire a day.
(on my iPhone, and I end many games within 30 seconds when I see it's not possibly going to work out.) So an average time per game is under 3 minutes. Lotta time with Solitaire!

But that's when there's a dearth of interesting sports to watch.
I do the same, i do vegas scoring with 3 card draw to speed things up. I recently grabbed a simple cribbage game as well.

i'm also on level 95xx of Candy Crush Soda Saga, i've been playing it since it came out, it's my time killer usually when I'm bored at night or on a flight. I always finish all the available levels before the next 45 are released on Fridays.C27A4E03-DD4D-4BF2-8616-452BE6C80178.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You sleep?
he said he enjoys it. I enjoy hanging out with all the famous and beautiful woman of the world. I don't get to but I would enjoy it.
Back on subject. Lots of them. I love using things in my environment to make music not just noise (I can jam out like a mofo on a washing machine by the way). I also like testing out the weapon potential of common objects for example if you get in a fight in a kitchen the best bet is the honing steel, a knife might do more long term damage but the steel will disable a person much quicker (sharp knifes don't tend to hurt and people who get stabbed by them often don't know until they try to figure out how is bleeding all over the place). I like telling my cat that I am going to cut him into pieces and put him in some dough and make a cutie pie (I don't know why I like that). Peeing in sinks is more fun then I should ever admit to it being, especially if you wait for a legit reason. I like making a clicking noise with my finger nails and that weird ridge on my right bicuspid. Some of the music I listen to is weird. I like making abstract paintings. I enjoy speaking fake Japanese even if I end up speaking nonsense in real Japanese. I enjoy chewing on things that I probably shouldn't put in my mouth (pen caps things like that). Reading and writing, which is weird when you think about what it actually is.