Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I always enjoy getting a haircut, especially when I discovered that my wife, despite little experience, is about the best barber I've ever had. I've lived through a lot of "it'll grow out" haircuts, but hers are ready for any occasion.
Yup. Gotta agree that a haircut is up there. But, having lived out in the far-east for sometime now, I always enjoy the head massage, prior to the actual cutting. Man! I always fall asleep during that part.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Nothing really unusual for me that I can think of (admit publicly) but sometimes when I'm feeling kinda low.
Sometimes when I feel low.

I call another brother.
On the telephone.

I'm talking, about, Maceo..

He then blows his horn, but he doesn't play me no trash - he plays me some popcorn.

• Love
Reactions: Brendan

StringBEan

Might Stick Around
Jul 27, 2022
Alabama
Oh damn, I’ve got a couple of these. I love a deep whiff of my hands after reeling in some panfish. It’s a sweet, fishy smell that my wife swears clings to me like Saran Wrap. The sound of my old Bronco II rattling to life is one I’ve often debating setting as a ringtone. Far and away though, my “weirdest” pleasure is a shower beer. Something about getting clean and drinking a few cervezas is a fantastic thing.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Oh damn, I’ve got a couple of these. I love a deep whiff of my hands after reeling in some panfish. It’s a sweet, fishy smell that my wife swears clings to me like Saran Wrap. The sound of my old Bronco II rattling to life is one I’ve often debating setting as a ringtone. Far and away though, my “weirdest” pleasure is a shower beer. Something about getting clean and drinking a few cervezas is a fantastic thing.
Now the shower beer is something I can relate to, especially in summer after a hard day's work ?

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I like to organize things. I'll take all my vinyl records off the shelf (3000+) and reorganize them, inspecting each one. Same with pipes and artwork I collect. I really get off to cleanliness and organization. Vacuuming and whiping counters really put the lead in my pencil. Cleaning mirrors. Dusting trim above doorways and fans. Unclogging drains with baking soda and vinegar. Dusting and organizing book shelves. Turning everything in my house to perfect right angles (angles of sorrow, I know).

Also repotting plants is really satisfying. I collect cacti and succulents and orchids. A good reporting with fresh soil I perfection.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Every house I have ever bought, the first thing I do is jack up the temp on the hot water heater to the max. If you are not careful you will scald your self. I once had a master bath with a huge hot tub that I kept at 104 degrees. My pools always had heaters with one being a 350,00 BTU gas heater. One morning I jumped in and freaked. It was so fucking hot as I forgot to turn the heater off. It was a big pool, 20 by 40 kidney shaped . Most people would have seen the amount of steam rising from the water and tested it before jumping in. I never did that again.

I was also a freak about keeping my pools clean and would take the vacuum hose, put on my scuba gear and get every piece of dirt I could find, It was definitely one of the cleanest pools in the state.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Every house I have ever bought, the first thing I do is jack up the temp on the hot water heater to the max. If you are not careful you will scald your self. I once had a master bath with a huge hot tub that I kept at 104 degrees. My pools always had heaters with one being a 350,00 BTU gas heater. One morning I jumped in and freaked. It was so fucking hot as I forgot to turn the heater off. It was a big pool, 20 by 40 kidney shaped . Most people would have seen the amount of steam rising from the water and tested it before jumping in. I never did that again.

I was also a freak about keeping my pools clean and would take the vacuum hose, put on my scuba gear and get every piece of dirt I could find, It was definitely one of the cleanest pools in the state.
I wish I had a neighbor who cleaned their pool in scuba gear! Bird watching is fine but this would be an interesting alternative