PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

garageboy

Might Stick Around
Jul 15, 2019
Rub them out and let them dry overnight like anything else, gravity fill and smoke.
I must be gravity filling wrongly. You literally drop the strands in, push the ends into the pipe and light?

How finely do I need to rub them out? It always feels too springy unless I jam it in

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I must be gravity filling wrongly. You literally drop the strands in, push the ends into the pipe and light?

How finely do I need to rub them out? It always feels too springy unless I jam it in
Drop the strands in and tap the heel of the pipe against a knuckle to settle it. Skip to 1:50 in this video to see it done with cube cut. The same method can be applied to ribbon.

Reactions: JOHN72

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Heine’s comes to mind. Sold only in 14 oz plastic tubs (with a blue lid). A light aromatic that is probably 100% burley, but never strong or cloying. Definitely an all day codger blend.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I tend to lean toward strong tobaccos, if not nicotine bombs. But in recent years I've discovered the pleasures of undemanding blends that are interesting, if not complex, and easygoing instead of thrilling. I find Match My Mixture 965 one example of this, and PC Match Elizabethan another. I have enjoyed a fairly long list. Do you have any smokes that you enjoy for their moderate but companionable characteristics?
D&R Two Timer comes to mind

Reactions: mso489

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
C&D Yorktown, hands down. No getting on ones knees in supplication, no sacrificing virgins (really hard to find in California) or convening a coven. Just dip in the bag, codger scoop, and light up. Burns easy, enough flavor to keep one happy, no fuss, no muss.

Reactions: didimauw