PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
It's just one order, but they want me to really, really know they can't find it.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I tried very hard to give them money to no avail. It was going to be quite the order as well. Bad timing to have issues.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We're truly sorry for the issues people have been having with our site. We underwent a major system change that will allow us to serve you better and more efficiently in the future. Unfortunately, as sometimes happens, unexpected problems arose. I know that many people were having difficulties placing their orders to take advantage of our 20% off sitewide offer for IPSD. Due to that circumstance, we will extend the 20% offer through today to allow folks to get their orders in and save. We have our IT department working very hard to resolve these issues and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Russ

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
Still can't get it done. No go with PayPal, which is my preferred method. I think I have to tap out. Otherwise the site seems to be running smooth.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Still can't get it done. No go with PayPal, which is my preferred method. I think I have to tap out. Otherwise the site seems to be running smooth.
This may or may not be related to your issue. We were informed earlier today that any order that contains any blend with "Syrian" in its name will be rejected by PayPal, so if you added any of the McClelland Syrian blends to your order, that could be the culprit.
Russ

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
I just signed in OK...but my shopping cart, which I have been filling for 6 months, is now empty. That sucks because I've forgot what I wanted. :( My computer is 8 years old and I still have Windows 7.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Due to that circumstance, we will extend the 20% offer through today to allow folks to get their orders in and save.
I just tried to use the code IPSD17 and it said that it's expired.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Just tried to get the 20% off extension per Russ' post and checkout tells me that the code IPSD17 is invalid or expired as well.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I went back in removed syrian stuff ( although it worked fine on SP) and now code is dead.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
@filmshooter Congrats! However merely attempting to order 3 Oaks Syrian automatically puts you on the Paypal Suspected Terrorist List and they have forwarded your bank information to Homeland Security. 8O

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I don't understand why they didn't shoot out an email with an IPSD Sale extension announcement. Seems the only heads up was from Russ here...nothing on the site. And apparently, if the code did work today, it must have been programmed to expire at the end of the work day, which was 5ET. Oh well. I hope somebody managed to take advantage of it today...

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I tried well before 5. I've never tried to give away money so hard before. Really bad timing for them. I'm not knocking them either it was a fantastic offer at 20% off.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Call customer service and we will work with people who missed out. I know that the call volume has made it difficult to get in touch, but we're doing everything we can to rectify the situation.
Russ

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Thanks Russ, and all the hard working people at P&C.

the code didn't work for me either - although the site seems to be working now. I'll try calling tomorrow.

If this was a bit of a headache for me, I'm sure it was multiplied times many for the folks working there.

I love technology, but when something goes sideways, it's a real pain.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
Keep an eye on your credit card / PayPal charges from P&C!
I made 3 separate orders from P&C over the IPSD weekend. I saw no signs of web site trouble. There were three charges to my credit card that appeared fairly soon after those orders. Two charges were the amount I expected, while one was slightly less (I don't know why).
Now, this morning, I see two additional charges on my credit card from them, for different amounts than any of the previous three. I did not make any additional orders.
Perhaps they are still straightening things out, but it bears watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.