PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
So.... about that XL Canadian. Who is going to buy it to save me some money? @brian64? Anyone?

ALTINAY_MEERSCHAUM_2039_2021-04-17-350x250.jpg

Reactions: rajangan

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
So.... about that XL Canadian. Who is going to buy it to save me some money? @brian64? Anyone?

ALTINAY_MEERSCHAUM_2039_2021-04-17-350x250.jpg
I did notice that one...it's got your name on it...it's only right that it go to a Canadian.

The translucent pipe was already an unexpected purchase...they don't come up often and sell quickly...plus this one was a large size, unlike the previous Rhodesian, so I had to pounce. But I'm reasonably certain I won't be purchasing another any time soon. This recent PAD flare that hit me was quite severe and persistent, but I'm feeling it's finally gone into remission.

Reactions: Casual

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
This recent PAD flare that hit me was quite severe and persistent, but I'm feeling it's finally gone into remission.
I hear you. I still have two Altinays and a gaggle of others I have yet to try even once yet. It would probably be prudent to stop and catch up before buying many more.

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
...but if a particularly appealing one with bamboo were to pop up, chances for relapse would be high.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
What a piece! I completely missed it. I’ve got a Castello Canadian coming from Finland at the moment and so I’ve sworn off browsing the Altinay site for fear of overheating the credit cards.
I can relate to that. I was (almost) relieved when I saw this was sold. If I had seen it sooner I would have been sorely tempted...but I think I would have resisted successfully...just too soon.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well, after a 24 hour weather delay in transit, the Translucent One itself arrived today. You cannot tell from a pic, but I can confirm without question that it is indeed a block of a different character from any other smooth meer I own. You can clearly see a fine sort of granular pattern throughout just below the surface.

I've never been particularly interested in the coloring development of my other meers, but I am with this one. I plan to smoke it daily and will occasionally post pics as it progresses.

It's having its inaugural smoke right now with some Watch City 558.

translucent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.