PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
A lot of these hard to find blends you dont find, they find you. I was lucky to find 4 tins of 2006 Penzance at a lotto store sitting dusty on a shelf. And after smoking numerous bowls of it, it is 100% the most over rated blend ever. I could not find anything unique about it. It was just a sweet smoky Lat blend, and if thats what your looking for, Lancers Slices is far better.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Just out of curiosity, why would you trade Lancers for Penzance? Have you ever smoked it before? If you have, what specific flavor are you tasting on your pallet that's different or better? Maybe i can take your thoughts on differences and smoke those 2 blends back to back, and see if i can taste it too.
If your looking to trade, because you have never smoked it before, and want to see for yourself, i would totally understand. I would trade to.
I am not saying it was a bad smoke in anyway. I like sweet smoky flavors. Again im just curious as to your reason, to trade. And if you have 3 pounds of Lancers, i will gladly trade my 50gram tin of 2006 Penzance.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have placed a number of orders with 4noggins since Rich sold the business and every time my order was packed properly and shipped quickly. I will continue to use them when they have something I want.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
IMHOP, lancer slices are much better than Penzance for my tastes. I have about 4 or 5 pounds of Penzance in the cellar, but instead I just ordered 5 more 500g bags of Lancer Slices. Just over all better flavor for my pallet. Maybe one day I'll auction the Penzance off when I need a new truck.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Lancer didnt grab me right away so I am cellaring. I did find Star of the East Flake better than Penzance however.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I can see the comparison with Star of the East but it lacks the creaminess and depth that Penzance has. Never tried Lancers but did place an order for 8 oz. At $20 and change, why not?

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
For the people that ordered and trying Lancers for the first time, be prepared to get your mind blown, and be sure to update your thoughts.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@steamboat :
For the people that ordered and trying Lancers for the first time, be prepared to get your mind blown, and be sure to update your thoughts.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. you meant to say it's rotten, never order it; you'll hate it.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I like both Penzance and Lancer Slices, but I don't really consider them to be all that similar. Unlike Penzance, Lancer Slices has no Oriental tobaccos apart from the constituent leaves of the Latakia,

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Star of the east is something I will cellar and reopen a year later. It is too harsh currently but man does it smell good.

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Wonder how laughable it would be in a year if your local B&M closed tomorrow? And how laughable would it be if internet tobacco sales were banned at the same time? And will you be rotflmao if tariffs and taxation drive a 50 gr tin of pipe tobacco to $25 plus? I hope for everyone's sake, including mine, these things don't happen. Many of us don't have the luxury of a well stocked local B&M. To put it into perspective, I'll bet I have more tobacco on the shelf than any B&M in the state of Indiana.
Duly noted, and I meant no disrespect to those hoarding. I have a small "cellar" myself from smoking pipes over 20-years, but I personally choose to be proactive in making sure those doomsday scenarios never occur. Support your local B&M, make connections and be involved. Don't have a local B&M? Well then, maybe that's just the opportunity to open one!
A small "tobacco" shop opened in my town of 1,200 people recently. Nothing but vape stuff, RYO, cigarette cartons and misc trinkets. So, last week I introduced myself as a local pipe smoker, spoke at some length with the owner (who was very interested and quite frankly going into this blindly with no knowledge of pipe smoking). I pointed them in the Arango direction. Yesterday there's three different Wessex blends on the shelf, all of which are "currently unavailable" online.

Status
Not open for further replies.