PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
Hey there folks! I hope everyone's doing well.

Just a quick post and a shout out to my dear friend Todd Becker, more commonly known by his eBay handle deadmanspipes.

For those of you who don't know him, Todd is one of the best pipe restorers and most trustworthy sellers on eBay and within the community.

His auctions always include a wide range of quality pipes refurbished to the highest standards.

Please check out his eBay page and place your bids with complete confidence and ease of mind.

I'm in no way related to Todd, nor do I stand to benefit from this post. I'm just a very happy customer who's thrilled to share a great source for estate pipes!

Thanks folks!!

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
I recently bought a Castello pipe fromo Todd. I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the pipe. I will definitely be using his services in the future.

Reactions: ak2000

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I stole a brand new Brandon Brooks Dublin on one of Todd's auctions. Great smoker and the deal went off without a hitch. I wish I had known of him earlier as he has the goods. He is in my saved seller option on ebay and I check his stuff every couple to 3 days.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Definitely some cool pipes. That’s where I got that BBB all briar. Among others probably. I try to avoid ebay, since it basically turns me into a rapper in the strip club, just poppin bottles and makin it rain.

But every so often I relapse. Deadmanspipes is aptly named on the rare occasions my wife finds out.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m always scratching my head in disbelief over some of what I consider are just absolutely insane prices.

Like this 1950 Kaywoodie at $405 for the bid at the moment. :(

E6FA0DE2-1802-4911-8912-3E8570F90F63.jpeg

Sure, there are some really exciting looking pipes, that I would seriously love to buy, but in good conscience, I can’t justify this lunacy.

P.S. Maybe the $5,000 Barling has reached an even higher level of insanity... 🤔

1BCA9A13-1601-4D19-B1C8-C66B8358AA07.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I’m always scratching my head in disbelief over some of what I consider are just absolutely insane prices.

View attachment 174736

Sure, there are some really exciting looking pipes, that I would seriously love to buy, but in good conscience, I can’t justify this lunacy.
That’s not surprising at all—I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an “All Wood” Kaywoodie. Have you?

I’ve bought pipes from Todd—my biggest complaint is he over waxes and eliminates some of the history; there have also been instances of a used pipe being passed off as unsmoked (well documented on this forum if you can read between lines and have seen before and after pics). I’m happy for him that his pipes command the high prices he gets, but, it needs to be a pipe I really want to buy from him.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

View attachment 174736

P.S. Maybe the $5,000 Barling has reached an even higher level of insanity... 🤔

View attachment 174738
Folks want what they want regardless of price.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013

The PipeWorld is one of the most sane collecting fields there is.

How about a flat chunk of metal---one that's no different than countless other chunks of the same metal---with the sole difference being an embossed image made by compression.

18.9 million dollars was paid for it. (1933 Double Eagle coin)

Or mechanical wrist watches?

Completely obsolete regarding weight, care, delicacy, and accuracy. One of those recently sold for over 30 million.

Fountain pens?

Hell, cursive writing is no longer even taught in schools. And handwriting of any kind is only used as a last resort anymore. How much? Six figures isn't unusual for a nice pen, and some have sold for over a million dollars.

And so on.

Indeed, all but a few pipe collections in the world are worth less than a new car or custom motorcycle, and no one thinks people who buy those are crazy. Ditto a boat.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've picked up a few Larsen pearl grades from him. No complaints whatsoever here. He always seems to have some nicer stuff available.

Reactions: PipeIT