PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
First, let me say, a big SORRY if I’m coming off so negative here.

I’m not a collector of anything, for brief spurts through out my life, I might of had a few nick nacks here and there.

But now, I have no care for material possessions. I only like the idea of having a little bit of some pipe history to smoke.

Things collected sitting on a shelf to admire, does nothing for me.

If I was actually going to collect them, I would find a way to put them to use, like if I had a pipe business to display them for others, and establish a pipe collectors group, more about historical preservation.

Or if I was like Gates, I’d own something that was on a level to start a museum, to preserve the history for what commerce tobacco has brought to nations.

Even though, this might be considered an unsafe practice, pipe smoking, the history should be preserved for future generations, it does deserve a place, and shouldn’t be swept under the rug.

So this is how I would pay prices, and be a collector. :)

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Todd is a good guy and a very fair dealer -- have gotten a couple nice pipes from him, and he has also been quite helpful to me in answering some general questions I had on other pipe-related matters...