PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
There are not too many I pine for (only due to lack of experience with lost brands and blends), but there is one I do miss, and I asked ChatGBT to compose a haiku.

Q: can you write a haiku in honor of a discontinued tobacco? the tobacco is called "Three Year Matured" the maker was Dunhill, and the style of tobacco was Virginia.

Aged three long years,
Virginia leaves transformed,
Dunhill's fond farewell.​

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
When Dunhill quit in 2017 (with 18 month continuation for the manufacturers to finish with stocks, etc) the Three Year Matured is one of several blends that have not been continued/released under Peterson name, or by anyone else with any name as far as i have been able to determine.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Looking at the number of 2 star reviews, pretty easy to understand how they came to that decision.
Which doesn’t make sense to me because it’s a solid Virginia blend with a light fruit topping. I have 5 or 6 tins left of it.

I would take 3 year matured over the couple fruit topped Virginia esoterica blends I have. Ratings are garbage.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
yeah but what do they know. i love it. :)
Have not continued The Aperitif either, which is sublime.
Which doesn’t make sense to me because it’s a solid Virginia blend with a light fruit topping. I have 5 or 6 tins left of it.

I would take 3 year matured over the couple fruit topped Virginia esoterica blends I have. Ratings are garbage.

I've never even tried it, strictly going by the reviews it wasn't exactly popular so not something a company is going to keep making, glad you enjoyed it, I would search around and maybe you can score a bunch of tins on the cheap!

Reactions: Scottmi

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I've never even tried it, strictly going by the reviews it wasn't exactly popular so not something a company is going to keep making, glad you enjoyed it, I would search around and maybe you can score a bunch of tins on the cheap!
If anyone has any of these unwanted 2 star tins laying around, PM me and I'll be happy to take 'em off your hands for cheap a fair price. :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
TYM was on of their least popular blends, last to sell out IIRC. It was my buddy Bruce Weaver's favorite tobacco and I dedicated it to the most interesting pipe of his that I own because the tin reminded me of the lapis mortise insert.