PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Deniz,even the undesigned is experiencing this little tingle occasionally ,say once or twice a week and most certainly with Virginias, thanks for tipping me off with this water thing,since lately I've been developing a very bad habit,ain't taking no beverage other than when after meal long smoke is considered, unavoidable accompangned with some wiskey sodas,consumption of which I should keep as low as I could,I bet everyone does know how very easy it(aftermeal spirits I mean) are developing into habit, yes they are,

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I have also struggled with this and after I returned to pipe smoking. For years I smoked 1Q (aromatic), and never had a problem with tongue bite.

Years later I started trying all of the english blends and I had problems. One of them was waking in the morning with leather sore tongue. Taking a break and biotene helped. Some people mention swishing with aloe juice which I never tried.

I have also read about alkaline and some people just have different reactions to different leaf.

Some of what I read is definitely method as mentioned above, slow down and sip. Try learning the breath method, that helped me a lot.

There are many forum threads (tongue bite) that you could go through on this topic. Good luck.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
All the suggestions so far may be helpful, but I would add that maybe your blend choices aren't delivering enough of what you need. It could be that blends with a more robust flavor or fuller mouth feel, or even more nicotine or sugar would keep you from trying to suck the hell out of your current choices. IMO, G.L.Pease blends have the sort of full body that may do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.