PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeude28

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2016
So I've been smoking a pipe for a while but now I feel like the tobacco tastes burnt, and my tongue feel sand paper like and the roof of my mouth is kind of cut up, my bowls are clean , anyone know of a remedy?? I don't know what's going on, even if I try different tobaccos and pipes it's the same.

pipeude28

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2016
is it normal for blackened tobacco pieces to be at the bottom of the bowl? Is there always going to be a point at the bowl where your not gonna get all the tobacco??

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This is ONE way to add photos to your post:
If you want to use the site's album (images tend to be smaller than hosting site's size, but can be full sized if you remove the pixel limitation, -600x360)

1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK.
OR, using a third party site:
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

Apologies - I was working, and I somehow I assumed that you are smoking in a pipe that you created. Hence the burning stuff.

I started recently, I was getting the burnt mouth feeling, as I was smoking hard. You will have to slow down.
I got the somewhat similar feelings as you when
a. I packed too tight

b. I smoked too fast

c. Last bit of the bowl, when there is more ash and less tobacco, it was harsher.
So, maybe packing a bit light, and/or try to seep slower.
It is unlikely a good pipe would burn - possibly that's the last thing that is happening to you.

pipeude28

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2016
Yeah I don't think it's the pipe. I think I'm smoking too fast. I"m gonna try biotene. Heard that helps. I also try to get the last bit of tobacco smoked to so may that contributes.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Trying to continue smoking with a sore mouth just delays healing and lessens enjoyment...I would suggest taking a few days off and let your mouth heal completely, then try again! This may also help to "reset" your taste buds.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Oh Hell, I've been doing this road before not once but multiple times, and occasionally still doing especially when it comes to smoking some Virgnia flake,I'm noticing toungue bite developing should I forgot to air my tobacco prior to smoke,or If I was packing too tight(as they say, you can always tamp down)or when I'm insisting on smoking full bowl down with no relights(as they say relights are Ok,yet try to avoid not scortching your tobacco and pipe's rim when lightin'I'm master doin'this though,Lol-)

pipeude28

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2016
Yeah just got the biotene been swishing like crazy haha. Hope it helps. Can stop smoking for a bit and see what happens

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Lot's of great advice so far here.
A little while back I posted a sort of synopsis of the things I'd learned and how I was able to transition to enjoying my pipe and tobacco and stop "Freight Training" my tobacco and overheating my briars....
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/packing-lighter-amp-smoking-drier
Nothing to worry bout though. You'll get it figured out and once you do you'll find that you enjoy yourself more.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Forgot to mention, that occasionally I'll get a bowl that has that starts to get that burnt taste.
I simply lay the pipe to the side and start a new blend in a new bowl. Allowing the other pipe to cool down and dry out.
Pick it back up later in the day / evening or even the next day and try it again. This almost always fixes the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.