PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I don't think you can go wrong with a Sav. That's a nice little pipe for the price.
For something a little less expensive these 2 aren't bad pipe. Although I'm sure most people would tell you to go with the Sav. I recently got a Tsuge bent bulldog like the one below and so far it smokes great.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/tsuge/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=97855

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/tsuge/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=99207

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
for $28 that Grabow you linked to sure look's like a winner to me. I would start with some basic Carter Hall or PA and maybe some Middleton Cherry.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
That looks like a nice Savinelli.

I second the suggestion on the Hearth and Home Sampler. If the sampler is a bit more than you feel you can drop, try an ounce or two of a just a couple H&H blends in bulk. My corollary to buying the best pipes you can afford is to buy the best tobacco you can afford. Hearth and Home stuff is far superior to Carter Hall, Prince Al,or Middleton's Cherry. :puffy:

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
I may do that. I was gonna get a can of the Brigadier Black Bull Run to test out aromatics, and I was going to sample some of the Frog Morton blends as well. And now the Hearth & Home sampler is teasing me. lol

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for the links! I am really interested in the Nording line(s)...do any of you have experience with them? I looked around for some more and found a few that really caught my eye, and they are pretty much the max I'd be willing to pay for a pipe ($55-60). The one I like is linked here nording
Hopefully I can get a few more responses from those of you who have smoked his pipes : )

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
So the one you linked from Bill Finck is a higher-quality pipe than the one I found on CupOJoes? I wasn't able to locate any other Nording Naturals to compare the price to the one you listed.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Wow that's quite a price difference. how can you tell the difference between hand made & machine made?

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
But overall, you think the one from Finck is of higher quality than the one from CupOJoes?

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Can I ask why? I mean that in a totally respectful way. I'm not trying to insult you or anything like that - I'm just curious.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks! appreciate your input! I'm definitely leaning towards the Nording pipe now - which I find bizarre and awesome at the same time. Hadn't really heard much about them prior to today :)

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Pleased to announce that I have finally submitted some orders today - for both pipes (Nording Natural & Corn Cob Gentlemn) and tobacco samples, mainly 2 ozs of each (1Q, Autumn Evening for Aros...Frog Morton & Frog Morton OTT, Squadron Leader, and VaPer). Super excited, and just wanted to thank everyone again for the advice and encouragement! : )

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Congrats dude. Please report back when you get a chance on your impressions of those tobacco's and the pipes.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Squadron Leader is a good choice. I don't smoke aros, and am not fond of the Frogs, but lots of guys like 'em.
Which Va/Per? That's a type of tobacco, not a specific blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.