Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I usually only share this info with our advertising partners, but I just can't contain myself.
First, let me put this into context. I'm sure most of you are familiar with Cigar Aficionado Magazine. They are the 900-lb gorilla as far as tobacco related media goes.
Cigar Aficionado's website receives traffic of 6,000 unique visitors per day on average. ("Unique visitors" means each person is only counted once. We log your IP address for 24-hours, and do not count you again if you visit like 10 times in one day.) This info is actually published in their media kit that can be downloaded from their site.
PipesMagazine.com will end February with around 7,000 unique visitors per day on average. We already had 5 days this month where we surpassed 7,000 unique visitors per day.
Yesterday, we surpassed 8,000 unique visitors. This is not only good news for the site. It is good news for the pipe and tobacco market in general. The market is growing, and that means makers of pipes and tobaccos will be investing more in their businesses to bring you more choices.
Overall, the cigar market is many times larger than the pipe market, so it is really significant how this pipe site surpasses the traffic of the biggest cigar site.
Here's a screen cap of the stats to date for Feb.
pm-feb-stats.gif

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I thought it was just me but I had a feeling it was getting crowded in here. :P
I'm happy for you Kevin and all of us here. Things just keep getting better!
Congrats.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
You've come a long way in the last couple of years, Kevin.
I was ckecking out some of your early threads where it was mostly

you and Bob postng to each other. LOL. :clap: Good work.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Congrats on the success of your magazine, Kevin. It is one of the finest online sites of it's kind and I'm glad to be a member. Good job!!! :clap:

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The people come here because of the quality of the site, which you can be quite proud of. There is a veritable treasure trove of info and knowledge here under one roof, if you will, that makes it very convenient. Great job Kevin and all who make this site what it is.

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Wow thats awesome. If I weren't at work right now I would certainly enjoy a celebratory smoke.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Wow, that's more people than live in my township. There really is something special about this site. Thanks for giving us a great place to hang out.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Awesome! :clap:
Thanks, Kevin, for making this a site I feel comfortable enough with to hang out for a significant amount of time.
-Jason

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Congrats!!!! you are definitely"smoking" now.... heck I bet.. all members are going to get a 50% off coupon for any Dunhill pipe they desire!

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Great news Kevin! In the short time I've been visiting, I've seen

remarkable strides in both quality and scope of content in the articles

and features presented. You make the difficult look easy.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Can I come and have the honor of being the first to wax your Ferrari in sunny Florida? :worship:
congrats, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy(from what I'm told) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.